Faber

fannybags for bullet cams

im about to make myself a fanny bag for my new toyB|Im looking for ideas and no goes for my setup..

Any who has pics of their BAG,were you store your dv camcorder,battery pack,remain leeds and even a remote LANC controler.

Thanks

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Stefan, I've used Lowepro, and CCS bags before with snap lock belts, saves all that stitching hassle. They are pretty sturdy, and offer a little protection from the elements and rough use.
http://www.ccscentre.co.uk/
http://www.lowepro.com/
Available in the UK from Jessops, or similar photo shops.
http://www.jessops.com/search/intellisearch.cfm?node=307
This link is to a range of manufacturers.

I've used bullet cams with a wee minidv deck so it really depends on the dimensions of your camera etc.
I kept all the bits in a pouch, on a belt worn inside my jumpsuit (I'm guessing your penchant for jumping fixed objects won't need a jsuit ;), but tucked inside a sweatshirt etc would do equally well), and had breakaway connections going to the head mount. It makes it easier to put the whole thing on, and if there is any unexpected drama, won't hang you up on an unwanted main.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

and had breakaway connections going to the head mount. It makes it easier to put the whole thing on, and if there is any unexpected drama, won't hang you up on an unwanted main.

yes i thourght of that,its kind of pain in the arse that all the conections are that far away from the camera,i might go figure somthing for that so it can be used to BASE jumping in case you´ll need to get rid of the stuff in a hurry.Doing urban solo´s this is a MUST;)

Thanks for the links,ill go shopping right away..B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think MonkeyKam sells a bag (or they were planning on it). Supposedly good reviews on the design. I guess Morpheus makes the actual bag..

http://www.monkeykam.tv/monkeykamera.php

monkeyPak . . . $65 US

The custom built little belly pouch for holding most camcorders and the monkeyKamera battery pack. Get this if you don't want to reinvent the wheel. (We put a lot of time and thought into this groovy little pouch!) This little ditty was built and co-designed by Morpheus Technologies, the well-known BASE rig manufacturer!

I have never seen one, so I can't comment first hand.

A buddy of mine has a headhunter puuch, and he had a few grumbles with it. The two main issues with it were that the cable routing prefented him from orienting the camera differently in the pouch, that there was no way to view the record light easily, and that he couldn't get to the record function on his PC 110 (touch screen). He ended up carrying an extra remote around to set it to record.

j

The MonkeyKam bag is not the bag that my buddy has with the gripes. I have heard that the MonkeyKam bag is better designed for usability, but I neither confirm nor deny that statement. :)
$65. I guess it is a question of 'how much your time is worth'. :)
I guess if I were making a pouch for the remote, I would be putting a stiffener in the pouch to keep the buttons from getting pressed easily. Some heavier plastic would probably work, or maybe 2 layers of a milk jug. My buddy ended up just ended up stuffing the remote down in the bag, turning it on, closing the bag, and putting the remote in his jumpsuit. A royal pain in the butt.

j

i have paid some 25 euro's for my bag. It originally is a bag for a small photo camera, and it fits perfectly around my trv33 and external batterypack for the bulletcam. Recently I have made a hole in the bottom, just at the place the IR window in the camera is, so I can use my remote without having to get the camera out of it's bag. The cable for the camera and cameye sport is comming out of the bag near the zipper (no need to adapt). There is a very handy 'net' at the side of the camera bag in which I can store the cameye sport and teh plugs of the camera cable.
My rigger helped me to make a belt that is atached to the bag.
The bag has a 'pallas' logo on it.

see my website for picures
Caren

its a good idea,but that bag is so big that i dont know were to have my canopy;) how ever it gave an idea to ask in a armystore for thouse kid of bags..

Very true;)

Though, for that price, if your a dab hand with the sewing machine it could be a good template to start from. And you will then be able to custom build your own to suit.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

I just bought a fanny pack at Walmart that looked like it would hold everything and had leg straps put on for additional security.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.