shotat

Problem with new style large DBOX and PC110???

Anyone out there have the new style DBOX and are using a PC110? I just bought a used one yesterday cause the homemade one I was trying to make was too big. Anyway, the box I bought was ordered as a Large and is definately a large because the measurements match all of the measurements on boneheads website. The problem is that there is no way that the PC110 will fit in there. It fits perfectly everywhere except for the top which needs to be about 1/4" taller. I called Bonehead and talked to Linda and she reccomended that I take the top layer of foam out which I did and it still wouldnt fit.
I am NOT complaining about Bonehead and I will say that Bonehead has excellent customer service, my Flat Top Pro Rocks and Linda is working with me on this DBOX issue. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem with the new style boxes and a PC110.

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

Well it fits everywhere except for the top and the height measures out to the same measurements as on Boneheads website for a large which is 4.75". No other Dbox is that tall with the measurements given on their website. What is the height on yours Dbox?

I sold a guy a D-box for a PC-100 (same size) and it fit. I'd ask them to send another box (confirming it's a large). How much foam if any is in the bottom? That might be an issue.

D

On the upside, atleast the box is very very easy to modify, especially with the "piano hinge" closure. With a little imagination and probably an hour's work, you could have a new custom top made out of something really cool like diamond plate, that domes so the camera would fit just right.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"I just bought a used one"

Maybe the original owner was confused when they told you it was large?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Turns out the guy I bought it from was wrong about the size, it was actually a medium size. He refunded my money via PayPal and it looks like I will be buying a new dbox via Bonehead. Thanks everyone who tried to help B|