kingcloud14000

got my fish eye in for head cam wooo hooo

B|i finely get a break from having to be soooooo centered on video jumps i just put a fisheye lense on my cam i have been using a target on my goggles i dont have the helment target is that ok i have seen it quiteabit like this but input is always good thank's brother's;)

(when in doubt wip it out);)
(blue skies and bright nights):P

and why is that. I have been shooting video for the last 68 jumps now and I will say they are verry good and so will the people I have shot.B| So sorry you dont think I am qualified but till you jump with me you dont relly know,:S but anyway. I was simply asking was is the helment mount better than the sight on the goggles that is it. and blue skies to you;)

Well it's pretty generally accepted that 100 jumps is early to start shooting video, and for reference, 68 jumps experience gives ZERO room to speak regarding the safety of what you're doing.

Much like the jumper who tries his buddies canopy which he knows is too small or too aggresive, and when one or two jumps, on a nice day, in good weather goes well, he goes out and buys the same canopy for himself. The day he encounters a less than ideal situation, he realizes the folly of his ways.

Your overall skydiving experience isn't enough to have prepared you for the unsual circumsatnces you may encounter by adding a camera to your head. I don't care who you are, or how good you think you are. You don't even know how much you have to learn. I have thousnads of jumps, and last season I leared more than the season before. It's your ignorance and your arrognace that are going to do you in.

Much like anyone who's spent more than a few years on a DZ, I've seen your type come and go. Some go on their own, and some go in an ambulance, the good part is that they just go.

As far as your question goes, reach into your bag seemingly infinite knowledge and figure it our for yourself.

If you must continue jumping video, and I will not go into that whole experience thing here, I'd stick with the wee spot/target/paper circle. Add a small laser pen which is lined up with the camera, and fixed to the helmet.

This way you can at least ensure the thing is lined up on jump run as you cinch down the helmet, switch on stuff etc. Use soft flexible goggles, they are more likely to have a consistent position on your face and are less likely to move as your face expression changes.

If you go with a ringsite, fix it with nylon screws so that it might break away in the event of a snag.

Ring sights are expensive, save the cash and spend it on your flying skills if you can.

For what its worth, generally recognised minimum jump numbers for flying cameras start at around 200.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Well it's pretty generally accepted that 100 jumps is early to start shooting video.
Much like anyone who's spent more than a few years on a DZ, I've seen your type come and go. Some go on their own, and some go in an ambulance, the good part is that they just go.
As far as your question goes, reach into your bag seemingly infinite knowledge and figure it our for yourself.

Lets try to be a little more helpful not so much just for Mr cloud but just in case there is anyone else out there that may benefit from a real answer:

Although you are are not alone in starting to jump video early you started very, very early. You do have very little experience in the many other dangers in skydiving.
I don't personally know you and can't comment on your canopy skills or your video skills, so I won't.
Use the goggle sight for many, many jumps before you introduce a helmet mounted ringsight. It adds a tremendous amount of added danger of entanglement. The longer you use the goggle sight the better a videographer you will become. The longer you use the goggle sight the better chance of developing your other skills without having one eye simi-obstructed.
No matter how comfortable you feel with your set up get another non camera helmet and jump without camera 50% of the time and focus on other fun and lifesaving skills without the distraction of the camera.
Sometimes its better to have your camera helmet on the ground in your gear bag than on you head during an emergency WISHING it was already on the ground.

I just wanted to add that although I started jumping camera early, I did not use any sort of sight until I had over 700 jumps. At the start of video flying the camera work is secondary. You learn for the first few hundred jumps body position and safety aspects of camera flying.
Also, no wing suits, one thing at a time.

and why is that. I have been shooting video for the last 68 jumps now and I will say they are verry good and so will the people I have shot.B| So sorry you dont think I am qualified but till you jump with me you dont relly know,:S but anyway. I was simply asking was is the helment mount better than the sight on the goggles that is it. and blue skies to you;)

So you started jumping camera early. At least take some pics of your camera helmet setup and post them here. You might benefit from some of the comments people have for you on your helmet. Maybe post some of your video, too. jumping camera is fun, as long as you don't get in over your head.
There are a lot of people who post here who really know what the fuck they're talking about.

a piece of FRIENDLY advice:

Lose the "know it all" attitude. The sooner you do, the sooner you can be humble. the sooner you do that, the sooner you will be a great skydiver/cameraperson. Just accept that you have a lot to learn, even if you know more than everybody else already [BTW--you don't].

mh