JayhawkJumper

camera covers

I have an Azimuth flat top on the way from 2k. I need to get a camera mount for my PC101. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the bonehead Dboxes and the Tom Sander roll cage. I saw that bonehead had hinged boxes as well as moulded ones, anyone have an opinion on one vs. the other. Anyone jump with the rim world video mounts?

The new D-boxes are just big. The rollcages are heavier.

I really prefer the lightness of the D-box system, but the unnecessary size is a pain. And I have the big PC120, and it could be much smaller.

A Cookie Black Box will fix both of these issues, the box is light and strong and is moulded to the camera shape so it's also lower profile than the D boxes
http://www.cookiecomposites.com/
check them out here
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

it's not curved on the base, just rounded corners.
I've seen them Top mounted as well, and they worked fine for those guys:)I have a Cookie Helmet, and I've got a box on the way, the pictures don't do them justice (any mfgr for that matter). THey really are well made.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

not certain about that, BUT they do have an adaptor for non-flat helmets. that goes on top of the helmet to make it a flat top:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Were you able to examine the Azimuth first? IMO it has some design flaws. How much was it?

The Roll cage is nice, but unless something has changed recently, there are several of the newer cameras that they do not have designs for.

The hinge top boxes are nice, and provide quick access to the camera AND the reloading/tape change.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I did examine an Azimuth, I was actually able to visit the factory, talk to the designer, try on a helmet, talk about the tests they did on it etc... The Azimuth actually grew out of a project helmet they did for Arri. They built this incredible helmet with a custom built Arri 35 mm movie camera built into the helmet along with a ground to air video tap and some other goodies. I guess Arri wants to rent it out to movie productions, I don't know how well that will work, but it's an impressive setup. As far as design flaws I definately didn't see any. Could you be more specific? I liked what they had done with it. It has a little bit larger piece in the back which I thought was more comfy and a nice cutaway which was tested under very heavy loads. It's a 2 ring cutaway instead of the Schumacher hinge but it works just the same. The cover for the ratchet was also a little lower profile than the FTP I thought.

edit: It retails for $585.00 which includes a custom paint job.