Deuce

Telephoto in freefall.

Is pretty cool. I just got a 100mm 2.0 Canon for my 10D to use on swoopers and for canopy shots. I used it on formations yesterday and got some Cool Stuff. I had taken my 28-200 up a couple times for longer lens situations, but it's way to long physically, and the mechanism to zoom it doesn't seem too robust. Here's a couple shots from yesterday.

The facial expressions are fun. Something we don't see too much of in RW.

Hey man, nice shots!
Good to see some thinking put into the photos.
I shot a 100-way with a 200mm lens years ago, but I can't figure out how to make the attachment under 60kb to upload the attachment here without making the photo the size of a postage stamp.
Again, nice shots.-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Tony, usually the best way is to lower the quality and to increase the compression in Photoshop while reducing it to something like 640*480 in size. I can PM you my Work email and I can resize the large scan if you want.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yep. Autofocus. There's some busts because I only use the center focusing point so the ringsite must be dead-on.

One guy I know uses a tiny $5 laser pointer attached to his camera and aligned with the center point of the image. When he wants to check his ring sight he just stands 30ft or so from a wall, presses the button on the laser pointer, and centers the sight on the spot. If his helmet gets bumped in the plane, he can even do it there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yep. Inside, probably close to the base. Rumor so far is the CASA for me.

Before I seek out the opportunity to be over one, it only makes sense to sieze the opportunity to be in one. ;) I've seen your pictures from last year. Very coolio, the two points next to each other.

Excellent pics man!:)
The one with the BirdSuit is great...what was the F value on that one?

Cheers,

Glad I still have it on the card. 1/750 at f 4.0

Question: Does the Canon software keep those values when you download the pics? -I haven't downloaded or used it.

Question: Does the Canon software keep those values when you download the pics? -I haven't downloaded or used it.

It's probably stored in the EXIF information in the original JPEG image. If you've edited the image (though I would hope you don't edit originals) the EXIF information may be lost. Try some of the software here for extracting EXIF data.

Excellent pics man!:)
The one with the BirdSuit is great...what was the F value on that one?

Cheers,

Glad I still have it on the card. 1/750 at f 4.0

Don't know about the Canon software (don't use it), but the Mac's iPhoto does a nice shot value specs with every picture (that is if you use a Canon lens that syncs with the camera....my new manual 20mm doesn't, but that's ok).

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon