Deuce

Telephoto in freefall.

I use a laser pointer as well. I stole the idea from someone else... :$

It works well, particularly because I use the paper doughnut on the goggles method. :S

Not very professional, but it works for me.

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

"Does the Canon software keep those values when you download the pics?"
If you mean Canon's Zoom Browser I'm pretty sure it keeps all this info, date, time, camera settings, and camera name.
Its actually not bad as an archive browser, on a par with ACDSee, maybe better in some respects as it can remember image info from say a CDRom.
Stay off the auto colour and white balance correction toys though, they are yucky (nods respectfully at Quade).B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Question: Does the Canon software keep those values when you download the pics? -I haven't downloaded or used it.

Hey JP,
I'm glad to see you're getting these shots. I've always been fascinated with capturing peoples' expressions when they are completely unaware/don't care about the camera. Seeing your photos always gets me more and more interested in flying a camera someday.

Try a polarizing filter on your lens as this will help to reduce the glare off of the facemasks. I know you don't want to have added length but putting a lens hood on that 100mm lens will bump up the contrast of the image.

Shallower DOF would be cool too, like shooting at 2.0. and being a few feet away (in the formation). Reducing the glare will help your AF to focus on the face rather than the facemask.

the info is saved with the jpeg and is accessible simply by right clicking the image file and looking at its properties (at least on winXP and mac, doesn't work with my 98 machine). Pretty much any self-respecting photo viewing software package can read the EXIF info off the jpgs.

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

I agree about the polarizing filter. This is the first time I thought I'd want one, and only to reduce the reflectivity of the face shields. As this is a 100mm telephoto lens, I'm actually a ways out from the formation.

The attached one is shot from INSIDE using the Sigma 14 aspherical.

I think it's the difference in the field of view that makes the pictures so different. On the wideangle the picture is trying to get the most information possible to the viewer, and with the zoom the picture is trying to focus the viewer on the subject.

I like them both, and yeah, I think I need a couple of circular polarizing filters.

JP