DaGimp

CF cards

just wondering what size CF cards people find adiquite (sp)....I have a 128 MB and it just dosent seem like enough

Depends on the camera... With my D30 (3MegaPixel) 256 MB was enough, with an older 128 as back-up. With my 300D or with a D60/D100 (all 6MP camera's) I switched to 512 MB, with the 256 MB as back-up and I have a 1 GB microdrive as well for ground stuff. With a 14MP camera 2 1GB cards are sorta necessary. And I always bring my laptop so I can dump pics on there.

All the cards I use now are fast (SanDisk UltraII, mostly).

I like having 2 cards anyway, if the 128 is fast enough for you, get a 256 or 512 and keep the 128 as back-up.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I almost bought one 1 gb card, but then a smart person said "wouldn't two 512 cards be better, then u can empty one when u use the other taking photos"....didn't know there were so smart ppl out there;)

Anyway...I guess if u have a laptop to empty the pictures too, two cards would be the bestB|

Get a couple of 512 cards. Get the fast ones. The Sandisk Ultra and the Simpletech are nice.

The Rebel doesn't noticeably slow down in taking pictures with slower cards, but it very noticeable playing them back on the veiwscreen.

You can get about a hundred pictures on a 256 card.