sabr190

A/V Edit Boards

What is a good low price edit board, I see SIMA and Videonics seem to be the popular brands?. Are there any pro's and con's to either? I just realized I can't use the fader functions on my TRV33 because it is all D-boxed up on the top of my helmet, so I figure I need a good board to add my own fades and music.

By the way, I know alot of videographers are moving into the age of computer editing, so if you have a board stored in a closet somewhere and you wanna sell it, let me know. ([email protected])

I've been looking for one but have yet been able to find one. Radio shack used to sell one under there name but they do not carry it any more.

I have been looking on Ebay, tons of stuff, but pricy sometimes;) And I have no idea which one will work best for editing to a VHS tape.:S

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

I have seen Panasonics in use all over the place.. (our dz uses panasonics) and I have worked at a place with cheapy radioshack sound mixers (boy what a pain -- no video effects or still captures).

It all depends on what effects you want to use..
For most, a simple Panasonic WJ-AVE5 or 7 will do the trick..

Can go up to WJ-MX50 or 55 for a few thou.

j

I have an editing board with character generator that I can sell to you, because now I have a powerbook, you see how everythiing works out well.
PM if you're interested, I was holding it to work with the camera during summer, seems like I won't be needing it.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Bill,
I use a Videonics Titlemaker 2000 combined with an audio mixing board. The titlemaker lets me do both titles and fades. It also has some other effects like wipes and disolves, but in my opinion this makes the video look to busy. You can pick them up on Ebay between $75-$150. I have been very happy with it. Here are a couple pics.

Skydive Radio

Cool setup! I bet it is a pain to drag back and forth to the DZ! The videonics we had looks much like yours. As long as it was working it was great, but when started to fail it really caused problems. It was the only editing board on the drop zone for 4-5 camera guys. It would still work for pass thru from camera to VCR, but no effects could be done. I liked what it could do, but not the reliability.

Bill