martz

Tony "D" wing - What do you do ?

I juste receive my Tony "D" Wing and wondering what you normally do after opening.

I know the first thing is to grap the back risers :)
remove the thumbs loop ?
stow the slider ?
Do you let the velcro sandwich and the clip hooked ???

Also if I remove the thumbs loop, it's still hard get my hand up because of the cuffs too tigh ...
Do you have the same problem ??

thanks
===============================
Ourson # 5
impatient de sauter # 1

I changed out the thumb loop for a loop that goes all the way around my hand.

I just disconnect the loops and land. Sometimes I unhook the wing, but only about half the time. It does increase your range of motion.

If you have any interest in swooping, or just getting performance out of your canopy, you need to disconnect the wings completely. They produce alot of drag (which is why you're wearing them) but you don't want that under canopy. It will spoil your forward speed, and kill your glide.

I have a Da kine FF suit that you can attach the wings to fly the camera, anyway they have the cord aroung the hand. On my first jump with the suit I got hooked from the airpalne door hinch, it had a big hinch, It is a good thing the wings can get cut off, so thats what I did, the wing landed with the plane. Thats why I really don't like cords around my hands even that I still use my suit when I film RW, I am very consious about door hinches, the funny part, there was two tamdens witnessing the whole thing, this happend almost a year ago, I guess I was embarrase to post it . I also remember the night before thinking that I probably was never gonna use the cut away system for the wings.

Anything like that happened to any of you guys?, I know a couple people that passed thru this before.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Yup! Had my Tony suit wing hang on the handle of a Porter. Blew around inside while I was rear floating or on climb out. Fortunately I have the wing attach to my pant leg instead of my rig like many others with the separate top - so the pants just tore. Scared the shit out of me 'cause hanging off the plane for that second or so I couldn't see what was hung or what gave way to let me loose. Very careful now on climb out!

Bill