riggerrob

SONY DCR PC109

thanks that helped but one more question if i wanted to firewire directly to an other camcorder would i have to go thought the docking station or is the docking station only required for firewire into the computer? It seems to be a very nice camcorder I really like the size of it. One more question when you say "If I had to plug it in to power each time, I would feel different. " What do u mean by this?

Thanks,

Nick

thanks that helped but one more question if i wanted to firewire directly to an other camcorder would i have to go thought the docking station or is the docking station only required for firewire into the computer? It seems to be a very nice camcorder I really like the size of it. One more question when you say "If I had to plug it in to power each time, I would feel different. " What do u mean by this?

Thanks,

Nick

There is no firewire port on the camera, so all firewire operations go through the docking station. The docking station is so small and light that it is little more effort than hooking up the firewire cable by itself on other cameras.

The docking station plugs into a power cord and transformer. It is not required for simple firewire transfers, but it is available for longer periods of use. I was saying that if I had to go to the trouble of hooking up the power cord/transformer in order to do a simple firewire, I would not want this camcorder. Sometimes power isn't easily available where I want to firewire. I had heard this was an issue. Fortunately it isn't.

Ed

There are a few different companies that make lenses that fit the PC109. One company is called Way Cool Industries the other is called Cookie composites. Way cool has 3 different types of lenses. I use The "Blue Eye" .45 lens and it works fantastic. Cookie composites carries the "Liquid" Line of lenses. I havent used one, but I've delt with the company before and they produce high quality gear with great customer service. Way cool is also an outstanding company to do business with. I think that Diamond is also comming out with lenses that will fit the 25mm PC109.

Do you know what the fish eye lens for this camcorder would be called?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

www.generationfreefly.com
sells 3 different wide angle lenses that will screw straight onto a SONY PC 109.

Outside videographers prefer the 0.5 wide angle lens.
I have close to 200 tandem jumps with one of their 0.3 (wide angle) lenses screwed to my Sony HC 40. Since the lens came with 37mm threads (to fit a JVC camcorder) I had to ask generation freefly to send a stepper ring to fit the 25mm threads on my HC 40. Sony's PC 109 also has 25mm threads. If you are looking specifically for a "fish eye" lens, you will be disappointed with the 0.3 as it has zero distortion.

Lately I have been videoing my tandem students with a 0.2 (really wide angle) lens from GF. It came with 25mm threads.
GF's 0.2 lens will also disappoint people who want to get all "artistic" with fish eye lenses as the 0.2 only distorts the outer portions of the frame a little. The distortion is only noticeable in "square" environments, like hangars.

The main reason that I bought my lenses from generation freefly is their obscenely low profile. I was worried about them snagging in suspension lines when I use them with a hand-mount. Since I have not snagged a lens during the last 200 jumps, I will need to find something else to worry about.

Just because you cannot see them does not mean you can stop being paranoid.
Hee!
Hee!

Do you know what the fish eye lens for this camcorder would be called?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

www.generationfreefly.com
sells 3 different wide angle lenses that will screw straight onto a SONY PC 109.

Outside videographers prefer the 0.5 wide angle lens.
I have close to 200 tandem jumps with one of their 0.3 (wide angle) lenses screwed to my Sony HC 40. Since the lens came with 37mm threads (to fit a JVC camcorder) I had to ask generation freefly to send a stepper ring to fit the 25mm threads on my HC 40. Sony's PC 109 also has 25mm threads. If you are looking specifically for a "fish eye" lens, you will be disappointed with the 0.3 as it has zero distortion.

Lately I have been videoing my tandem students with a 0.2 (really wide angle) lens from GF. It came with 25mm threads.
GF's 0.2 lens will also disappoint people who want to get all "artistic" with fish eye lenses as the 0.2 only distorts the outer portions of the frame a little. The distortion is only noticeable in "square" environments, like hangars.

The main reason that I bought my lenses from generation freefly is their obscenely low profile. I was worried about them snagging in suspension lines when I use them with a hand-mount. Since I have not snagged a lens during the last 200 jumps, I will need to find something else to worry about.

Just because you cannot see them does not mean you can stop being paranoid.
Hee!
Hee!

Where on www.generationfreefly.com do they have the lenses have checked all the pages?