Luza

Where to buy Canon EOS 300D

I'm going to buy a Canon EOS 300D (Digital Rebel), from the US (I live outside) and a Sigma Fisheye 15mm f/2.8 EX Diagonal Fisheye Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS.

Does any1 know any nice web shop that is cheap?
:)
....and any suggestions what helmet I should use my money on??

....and if u think I'm stupid using money on that canon camera - please give me an alternative:)
-------------- blåe skya...........

It isn't any cheaper at buydig. I have not seen it any cheaper at any site I would consider buying from. I know a guy from South Africa that got online and bought $8000 worth of camera gear. I am helping him file a complaint with the BBB because it has been about 8 months with no equipment or refund. If you use any of the price engines make sure that you only buy from the sellers that have received a lot of good reviews. Just a hand full could be the company making false replies.

Thnx for the help:)

So if I understand everything right.....B&H is a good company to bug from?

I like this package: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=304233&is=REG

But...does anyone know whats best - microdrive or compact flash card?

-------------------------
Yep.....I'm stupid:)

Sorry, didn't mean to say I bought that particular camera, I have previously bought Cannon cameras from them though on 4 different occasions. Relative to California, the east coast prices have always been significantly cheaper. If I ordered on a Monday, it was on my front porch in 3-4 days.

I bought my 300D from B & H. They are a very big and a VERY reputable company. I've bought several cameras from them in the past and would recommend them over the next guy......even if it was $50 more or so.....worth the peace of mind.

As for the Compact Flash card....I got the Sandisk Extreme and it works great!

If I had to tell a friend where to buy a camera...it would be from B & H.

Hope this helps....

Just want to bump this up, because I just purchased one of these. Hopefully, it will be a good entry-level digital still for camera work, but I'm still debating whether I want that much weight on my head :|

If you go here, you will see a lot of variation in price. Don't be fooled - just about all of the ones under $800 are scams. Many of them are reportedly the same company with different web sites. The standard bait&switch, hard upsell, overpriced extras, etc. You can read about them here and here and here. Do a Google search on a company before you buy from them. Some places like BizRate have store ratings built in to the price shopping.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I ordered from Butterfly Camera, and they were OK.

I've never owned a "real" (SLR) camera before, so I'm probably not the best critic. But I am amazed at how good picture quality is. This is a 6 megapixel camera, and I've been snapping photos periodically throughout the day. I can't see any evidence of aliasing, and the colors are amazing. I have a Canon i70 printer as well, and I can print out the photos on stock paper, and they look as good as standard 35 MM pics, if not better.

I attached one pic that I took early this morning. The first image was cropped 50% from the original, just so I could get it smaller than 60K. The second is a closeup from the inside of that image, zoomed at 100%, and cropped again. I can't see any jaggies in the real pic. Colors are great.

:D

OK, since you asked for it, here's another pic. Image quality on the large image is poor, only because I have to compress every image to under 60K for dz.com. The second image is a closeup of one small part, so you can see the image quality. Again, good definition. Good color in low light.

My kitchen chandelier, taken inside with the standard built-in flash. Sorry about the "domestic" images - just want to give an idea of picture quality in case anyone's considering buying one. Someday, I'll be able to share real skydiving pics B|

get it from Ritz

and GET THE ESP!!!!!

Protect your equipment from virtually everything - even yourself!

peace
lew

This service policy is for all photographic and optical equipment - EXCEPT Digital Cameras and Camcorders with a retail cost of $800 to $899.99

?

Whoops, wrong link. Here is the link for the ESP for digital camera between $800 and $899...

The ESP pays off... trust me. I purchased mine from the store (technically a different retailer than ritz online. But it has paid off.

What's Covered

This plan covers any equipment specified below which is rendered unusable due to:

-Defects in Material or Workmanship.
-Mechanical or Electrical Failure.
-Wear and Tear from Normal or Excessive Use
-Effects of shock or trauma.

Problems Caused by:
-Excessive Heat or Cold (Except Fire Damage).
-Moisture caused by Fresh, Salt or Brackish Water.
-Exposure to Chemicals.

This plan will provide for repair or replacement to correct any covered malfunction, so long as the problem is reported within seven days after the expiration date of this plan. If the repair is considered uneconomical to repair, we will replace your equipment with a similar model or credit the purchase price of the equipment toward the purchase of other equipment of equal or higher price from RitzCamera.com.

This Plan Specifically Excludes Reparation For:

-Cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.) that does not impair the equipment's mechanical or optical function.
-Theft or mysterious disappearance.
-Damage or malfunction due to fire or the effects of fire.
-Consequential damage.

bold by me... I told the salesman what I was doing with it, even showed him my flat top narrow and explained everything. He said, if it hits the ground, just bring the pieces back in a bag...

I highly recommend the esp.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

just got mine !!!

bought it from www.profeel.com

now the deal is, they're located in NY, but since i sent it to a friend of mine in CA, i didnt pay any tax.
the whole deal (kit+case+256 card+extra bat +uv filter +S&H) was about 1100$ which is pretty sweet.

anyway, its the second camera i buy from them and even if i could find somewhere a bit cheaper, i'll go with them since i know it will get there...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."