velocityphoto

BUSTED MY PC-1 LENSE OFF

ANYBODY HAVE PARTS OR INFO ON FIXING A BROKEN LENSE MOUNTING RING ?ALSO NEED TO REPLACE A WORN OUT MICROPHONE SOCKET ? I HAVE THE PART FOR THAT ,JUST AFFRAID TO TEAR IT APART ,IVE HEARD ITS LIKE A RUBICS CUBE ..... EMAIL ME Lonnie[email]

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Sorry Lonnie, there is no replacing it. Its a complete rebuild. You can do the superglue/Epoxy thing if you have the parts, otherwise I reccommened getting a PC105/330 or a TRV series camera. With a TRV costing less then $500 its worth it for the newer options and quality.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Keep it. Use it as a deck for editing or harvesting footage. Just cos the lens is cream crackered doesn't mean you can't hook up a wee bullet cam.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hey Lonnie.....I did the same thing with my PC100 a few years ago. The epoxy thing worked OK for awhile, until the camera took another minor stress on the lense and it fell off again. My solution was to purchase a roll cage and it has be stable since....

Good luck bro.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

that'd be nice but i dont have the threaded ring to epoxy back on, if u look at the pic u'll see . this other guy claims hes got an old one for parts . Maybe if i can tear it apart and remember how to put it back together would be great! Thanks

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Its an easy fix, call skydive Deland and ask for Edson, he has a ton of Pc1's for parts, and I am almost 100% sure he has a few focus rings, his frankensony has been rebuilt so many times I cant count. But the Focus ring is easy to change and even you can do it, also you can get a manual on how to do it from Sony, but the web site is hard to navigate, its a little easier to get teh # from them and wait on hold for an hour to order it.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!