Dougjumper

Sony DCR-PC105

Ok, got my attention. Where's this? How do I contact? Thanks.

Sony PC 105 here

Just be prepared....they will call you and try to sell you a lot of other crap. Like 5 hour battery, rapid charger, lenses, filters, etc. If you need any of it.....just don't take the first price they offer. I haggled the guy and got a 5 hour battery and rapid charger for an extra $200. Not a bad deal since the rapid charger by itself is ~$140. Just know what the accessories cost before they call you and DON'T accept the first price. If you turn them down they WILL go lower. ;)

Just my thoughts, but Broadway suck arse. I spoke to 3 different people, all gave different answers on the same questions. Also the last guy had to be the rudest bloke ever spoken to on the phone.

They stated different views on the camera being in stock, prices (how can you mess that up) and specifications.

Main question was about warrenty, basically in Europe manufacturers guarentee is 1 year, in the States I believe 90 days parts and labour. The prices were alot better in the US for PAL cameras, but I wanted to know if the more limited warrenty was worldwide or just for the US. Normal question I believe for the situation. He was so f@%^king rude.
I then started looking into other companies and read some threads from other Dropzone.commers and realised they were terrible in customer service and a shady business. There is some review / comparison of online retailer's prices and service on
http://www.dealtime.com/main/linkin_id-3030460 I believe. That helped me.

In the end didn't order, as I thought saving was not worth longer warrenty, and didn't want to deal with business in another country especially if they were dodgy.
Just my experience on buying a camera.

Skyjuggler- Great link, very enlightening, thanks. Sorts stores by highest ratings then you can skim through the price ranges, very user friendly and useful info.

Freeflir-Let us know when you get the camera, I'd be interested in knowing how they follow through, that's a pretty good price. I've got a PC101, but for that price I'd think about getting a new one.

Blues.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Be aware that the 105 has a tighter standard lense than a PC-5 or PC-9 so that when you mount a Wide Angle on it, it won't be as wide as it should. So a .42 on a PC-5 might look the same as a .38 on the PC-105.
Also, the IP's micro DV format has not proven to be very user friendly as far as compatability with software goes.

The New 330 is even worse for a tighter lens. 5.1mm at widest vs 3.7 on the 105. the PC 5 has a 3.1mm lens. So throw a 0.6 onto the pc330 right now and it's just like having No lens on a PC 5.

Sheesh. Aren't these manufacturers considering the needs of us skydivers?!

Any recommendations on what camera helmet to get for a PC 105 ??

That's sort of like asking what sort of main canopy you should get for a Vector3.

What sort of camera flying are you planning to do? Just film for yourself, for fun. Are you planning on getting a still camera at some point? Are you planning on shooting 4-way video/tandem video/AFF video for money?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I agree, the PC-105 is the way to go. got mine for $649. However, be careful. The battery charger that came with mine was a piece of crap that sells on eBay for $25. I had to buy the actual Sony M-series charger for $116 elsewhere. Really pissed!

Otherwise, the PC-105 is a kick ass camera!
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

The audio video cable is different with the 105 than the 101.

All of the old PC's, 100,101,5,9, they all plug into the yellow A/V spot into your camera.

The 105 is different because it's like a firewire plug. It does the same thing but if you forget your 105 cable, you can't use the 101 cable to watch your video on the tv.

Food for thought!
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

damn.... have'nt realized that different plug yet....
got mine two weeks ago and haven't jumped....
does anybody know an adapter to buy?

the position of the a/v spot is very bad, too....
now I have to dismount the camera before watching just a short vid.....[:/]
but overall the pc105 is a great device!!!

Life's NOT a journey!

Having read this thread the PC105 looks pretty darn good, and the price is great,
Can any of you tell me what would be a good all round wide angle lens to get with a PC105?
and would the longer battery life be useful for jumping? what would be your standard kit that you would buy with the camera?
just to be used for fun jumping,

cheers

Also how can they charge so much more for a PAL system? If I got an NTSC can I change the format on my laptop if I want to burn a DVD?
Fly like an aardvark