martz

Ring sight

I use a Newton Cross sight, it's much cheaper than the ring sight and is similar in usage. maybe you should buy a extension, too.
whatever you decide, it will be better than without....;)

Life's NOT a journey!

Brent Finley makes a heck of a good sight. He makes both Newton Ring, and Cross sights. http://www.brentfinley.com/store.htm

Once in a while he has slightly blemished ones that are in perfect working order if you are short on cash. Additionally he has the Schumaker Articulating Ringsight Brackets that work excellent.

As for choosing between a Cross or Ring sight. I use the Newton Ring. They are significantly better IMHO.

Just my two cents...

Go with the Brent Finley sight.

Bent uses glass in his, it doesnt scratch as easily. (just wipe with a t shirt :Por your lens cloth :)) I think L and B use a plastic that is easier to scratch.

The blemmished sights from him are not even noticeable when shooting, only when looking through it from a distance. And you save some bucks.

If money is no object, go with the concentric. I got the cross-sight, And it works well but the concetric is a bit better.

E-mail him and he can get you prices

Brent's cross one is better than the Newton's one.
I had a newton and its not as good as brent's you pay for what you get. I learn that from experience and good chats with people that know what are they doing.
Go for brents.
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

I had a newton and its not as good as brent's...

Just so you know, between the two types of lenses available (Ring and Cross) the “Ring” sights are all called "Newton Rings". The rings are a series of concentric light and dark-colored rings observed between pieces of glass. This phenomena was first observed and documented by the English physicist Sir Isaac Newton. Hence called "Newton's Rings".

Brent makes a very high quality "Newton Ring" sight, and a Cross sight just to clarify…;)

I am still in the "set p the helmet and walk around the house getting used to it" stage, but here are a few things I have caught onto:

The Newton Cross will (and does) work from the many camera flyers I have talked to. There are some that like the concentric - but you may want to wain until you are getting paid to fly camera before spending that kind of money (my 2 cents)

I find that the more I wear it and walk around "filming" stuff around the house, I am getting a good "feel" for where I am aming and where the camera is pointed. It does take practice.

DO NOT INSTALL A SIGHT ON A CAMERA HELMET then jump it. You will create too many issues for yourself. Get familiar with your gear before you fly it.

I still have to get to used to it before I fly it. Another two weks or so and I will be ready for some solo flying filming landmarks and such.