kansasskydiver

Best freefly wide angle lense?

I just bought a pc100 today and i'm looking at lenses. i've heard a lot about rw and tandem but haven't found too many posts about a good freefly lense. is a .3 a good lense if not all freefly jumps go as planned lol is a .42 the best option to go? please let me know and recommended manu's as well, i know the diamond is a great lense, what about the kenko's?

blues

chris
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I think a 0.3 would be great if you are actually in the jump and a 0.4 if you are not.

When I was filming an AFF student, I took off all the wide angle lens as I found that the shots are better.

Kenko's aren't too bad but they stick out a lot! Especially the 0.42 (I have one) and if that gets hit by a riser and rips off your lens it will be very expensive to repair your camera.

www.waycool.com.au have some good lens that are low profile and safe.

Matthew
www.motavi.com

I have a .5 Kenko and a .3 Skyline. The .3 is brilliant when you're in really close, docking on people, taking grips but as soon as you put a bit of distance between you and your subject it's almost too wide. It's also very low profile compared to the Kenko which sticks out a long way in comparison.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Depends on how tight your flyin. If your docked quick and flyin tight to pull a .3 is the way to go. If you like flying outside camera .42 or even .5. If your skills are medium, stick with a .42, it's versitle and it won't make your friends look 50 feet away when they are 5.

Remember your depth of field expands when the lens gets tighter (smaller apt)

I just bought a pc100 today and i'm looking at lenses. i've heard a lot about rw and tandem but haven't found too many posts about a good freefly lense. is a .3 a good lense if not all freefly jumps go as planned lol is a .42 the best option to go? please let me know and recommended manu's as well, i know the diamond is a great lense, what about the kenko's?

blues

chris

Take a look at Max Cohn's web site:

http://www.royal-lens.com

;)

Yves.

I got diamond .3 and if you're not closed to the formation they looked like ants, is great for FF sit or head down three feet away I'm getting the .5 blue eye to do tamdems or RW. Sopmebody told me that zooming in half way and then focus it may absorb part of the focal distance to give it a name, I haven't tried yet.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html