Digital Rebel Problems?

I just got my digital rebel and I'm having problems with it. It works fine on the ground but once I leave the plane it shoots a couple pictures and shuts down. When I get on the ground I get a error 99 and have to take the battery out to reset it. The only thing I can think of is temperature or moisture, it was cold and overcast this weekend. Anybody else having this problem?

Check your memory card and make sure that it is pushed in all the way. I was also getting the error 99 on my 10D. I could hear the shutter release and the counter would counter down as if I had taken a photo but I kept getting error 99. The problem was the memory card was not push in all the way. It may not be the problem but it never hurts to check.

When the 10D came out, there were a lot of new camera owners that were getting errors that could only be re-set by taking out the battery.

From what I read at the time, most of these errors were caused by older Sigma lenses that were not compatible with the new Canon camera.

I had this problem as well and I ended up buying a new Canon lens for my 10D.

From what I read at the time, most of these errors were caused by older Sigma lenses that were not compatible with the new Canon camera.

Wow. Although the Canon 20mm lens is heavier than heck, I'm sure glad I chose it instead of the cheaper Sigma! Thanks for the validation.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Thanks for the feedback, I have the digital rebel kit that comes with the new canon lens. The error 99 code means they basically don't know what it is. The camera works fine on the ground and after I reset it after a jump by removing the battery and replacing it.

Don't let this scare you away from the Sigma lenses. I think the problem is only with older Sigma lenses, I know all the lenses I have are new Sigmas and they've never given me any problem. In fact, I've been told by people who have more experience with Canons then myself that my 14mm Sigma is actually better than Canon's similar lens.