Stremglove

0.3 wide angle lenses - need help

Yep Diamond .3 is da bomb.
from .3 to about a .6 setting is available range for jumping. You essentially have all the lenses from .3 to .6 by simple using the zoom to which one you want (field of view)
If you want to use it for ground video it is good to but...you can't use it to zoom in past about 20% of the zoom bar (past .6) other wise it looses focus and goes blurry.

If you want a .6 sony lens i have no need for it anymore....$20.00 ;)

John Maggio

I bought a 0.3 wide angle lens from
www.flyers-pit.com

Seems allright and you can only zoom in a certain amount before things get all blurry.

I find that if I put a UV filter before it, then you get a vignette.

Also, I notice that objects seem very rounded...does the diamond do this???

Matthew

look at that lense and look at the dimond lens side by side.... they appear to be exactly the same..

i cannot tell a difference on video or by looking through it or by holding it in my hand,....

they appear to be exactly the same lens.. just the one from flyers pit is cheaper....i ordered it from there and it came from tokyo in less than a week

I also bought the lens from www.flyers-pit.com.
Diamond .3 and Flyers-pit .3 are from the same manufacturer. The difference is only the name.

If you live outside USA, it's better to order from Flyers-pit. Their shipping chg is cheaper. They charged only $12(including insurance) to Europe!(Diamond is $25)