Ronnie

PC105 questions

Hi,
I have a Sony PC 105 and am looking to get a wide angle lens. I am thinking of buying a Kenko (KUW-042) .42 wide angle while I am learning, as it is relatively cheap and then step up to the Diamond .3. I am confused, however, about the different mm sizes, i.e. 30, 37, 46, etc. Is this the thread mm or something else? I can't find anywhere in the PC105 manual what size will fit with this camera. Does anyone know? Will it need an adapter ring? Is that what they mean by a step up ring? Also, when I have a new lens, does it screw onto the threads on the lens that is on the camera now (so you basically have a lens on a lens?) or does that lens come out and the new one is put on? Thanks for all the help.
Ronnie

The 105 is a 30mm. If you get a 30mm wide angle then it will screw directly onto your camera. If you get a 37mm then you will need to get a step up ring which is an adaptor ring so that the 37mm will fit on your camera. I have a 37mm .45 lens with a step up ring on my 105.