Hi peeps

I have recently started looking around for video
gear. As most of the people here have alot more
experience I would like some advice regarding type
of camera lens helmet.

Please take into consideration that I will be doing
mostly freeflying with the camera.

Cheers

Take a look at the Sony's new model, the "You need more than 58 jumps to start jumping a camera".

A great lens for that would be the "58 jumps is not enough expereince to jump a camera"

Mount that on a "I'm going to do another 300 or so jumps before I jump a camera", and you'll have a nice set-up.

Thanks for the concern. I am planning to start
jumping with camera after 100 jumps and possible
B license not 100% sure.

which is the minimum requirements for camera in
South African.

Bergh, you can do a search on this topic and find almost every answer you can come up with.

In a nutshell, focusing on minimum requirement is likely to get you injured or killed.

200 jumps on your belly until you are an effective RW flyer. Then camera.

Take a look at the Sony's new model, the "You need more than 58 jumps to start jumping a camera".

A great lens for that would be the "58 jumps is not enough expereince to jump a camera"

Mount that on a "I'm going to do another 300 or so jumps before I jump a camera", and you'll have a nice set-up.

:|:):DB|B|;):P
LOL...
great..!!!!..good advice -- davelepka!!! ........ Sometimes it seems the main requirement to jump a camera,,,,is simply put....
"as long as you haven't maxxed out your credit card ,,,and you can BUY one,,,,, then you qualify" [:/] :S B|. ....:). hahaha...

jmy a3914 d12122

Hey Bergh,

No one here means to offend you just so you know. They just want to ensure you do not kill yourself. Take the advice of guys with lots of experience, tons more than me even. Don't start camera flying until you have at least 200 jumps. Also, when you get closer do a search on this forum and that will give you a bunch of starting information. Once you have that information and have specific questions between gear then you should post those questions. There is a lot of information on this forum that the members have spent time typing out and it is best if you do some research instead of just asking people to redo the stuff they already did. Video is a challenging and yet rewarding thing once you get into it, and the people around here are very good at helping, just try not to take to much.

~Chachi

whats up man?
recently at my DZ i was faced with assessing two different guys who wanted to start shooting video. the first guy decided he wanted to shoot video because he has been in the sport for 6 years with about 300 jumps he averages about 50 jumps a season......the second guy, was in his first year with about 250 jumps, he was a much more qualified flyer.
I guess my point is, it is an individual choice and going by numbers can be misleading, just be honest with yourself when you are evaluating your skills. listen to the experienced video guys around your DZ, always ask for advice.
It could just save your life.
Stay Safe,
Jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

I have seen a lot of advice about jump numbers and being safe; I have also seen a lot of advice about having great RW skills to be able to capture a decent video. What are the primary safety concerns and preperation that one should know before getting involved with buying a camera? I am talking about those who want to Freefly with their friends, and maybe catch some video of the open sky tackle or the momentary spock. I am talking about the basic requirements to put a low profile camera in a box on your head.

I know emergency procedures change, I know that you have to be more aware of opening quirks and packing technique. Is their a set of commonly accepted guidlines (like BV's canopy progression guidelines) for aspiring freefly vid squid lids?
...FUN FOR ALL!