Deuce

Busted my 10D remote release switch.

Funny you should mention that, I think my plug just went south this last weekend.

As long as your plug & socket are ok, you should be able to fix any other problem with a little solder.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nah, Q, I'm lucky I got away with just busting the switch at the plastic base that plugs in to the camera. I was going after an inside hanging shot of a friends 4000th jump. Got it. Then the formation funnelled and my helmet got bashed. The plug broke, but the pins inside the camera are OK.

But nobody has a replacement switch. DAMMIT.

Then the formation funnelled and my helmet got bashed

yeah, yeah blame the skydivers for it. Next thing you know you'll be claiming the skydivers kept moving out of the ring sight;):D:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hi,

I've got an extra one that I bought when I was putting my 10D system together.

I could mail it to you so that you could have it right away and then when they get in stock, you can buy one and mail it back to me.

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,
-mike.

try the adapter
part number RA-N3.. it adapts the t type release to the n type or something, but the key is that it has the correct plug on one end and the other just gets trashed anyway right? I got one for $43.95 from B&H. I'm counting on it working because I have to replace one that was given to me.

I've got an extra one that I bought when I was putting my 10D system together.

I will buy you a drink whenever we meet just for making that offer. Thank you.

try the adapter
part number RA-N3.. it adapts the t type release to the n type or something, but the key is that it has the correct plug on one end and the other just gets trashed anyway right? I got one for $43.95 from B&H. I'm counting on it working because I have to replace one that was given to me.

BINGO! I double-checked to make sure the connector was compatable, and it is. I ordered two. (the Q-rule about things failing and all that)

I got an E-mail from B&H that the actual remote switch is special order only right now, with a delivery time of 2 - 4 weeks.

Oh, just be like us 'little folk' for awhile and put on the trusty 35mm again.

Oh, please, LT! I wear the Nikon most of the time for the tandem passengers, but there's not instant gratification! My digital photography is ALL ABOUT ME! :P

JP

Then the formation funnelled and my helmet got bashed

yeah, yeah blame the skydivers for it. Next thing you know you'll be claiming the skydivers kept moving out of the ring sight;):D:P

Did I hit your camera? You were on my left leg hanging there when it funneled...

When can we see the pics on your shutterfly site?

Iwan

Oh, please, LT! I wear the Nikon most of the time for the tandem passengers, but there's not instant gratification! My digital photography is ALL ABOUT ME!

:P

Perhaps that's why I don't have one (yet)! ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon