jseiverth

Where to find Velcro for mounting Camera

Anyone know where to find that super velcro used to mount cameras to the helmet. I'm putting an old camera back into use but the tripod mount is loose on the bottom of the camera. So I need some of that stong velcro for alittle security. Can't find it anywhere and don't remember where I got it before.
Thanks, Jeff

Paragear sells something called "camera-loc fastening tape." Page 106 of catalogue #67.

My old mentor vidiot used it to mount his old hi-8 back in the day, and it held for hundreds of jumps. Me...I'll stick with my d-boxes thanks! :P

Canuck

The stuff is called super velcro and is found at any Radio Shack in the country (and comes in different colors).

And for those new camera flyers Radio Shack has a large assortment of items that the camera flyer might need like switches, plugs, cable&wire, and this and that.

I prefer a stroboframe 300-QRC (a camera quick release). i've been using them for years now with no problems.

Good Luck

Camera lock
Lowe's hardware carries it, you will find it in the 3-m fastener aisle, dont ask the clerks for it, just find the right aisle..... they were hired cause they are cheap......:P
in paragear its called camera lock, very inexpensive and much stronger than velcro, I would suggest putting a safety strap as backup.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.