Rookeskydiver

Newbie: What do to now?

i just purchased this camera at a local store for an awesome deal. here is the link http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026871&page=2ink to the camera. the problem that i have run into is the fact that i cant attach a lens to the camera.
can i still shoot video or not? should i return the cam and get somethin else? thanks

PCSS # 1 Rookeskydiver
"Its a Wonka Bar"....."Go ahead Charlie open it, lets see that golden ticket"

While you -may- find a way around your issues and this camera, you'd probably be a lot better off returning the camera and buying something that has proven itself as a reliable skydiving video camera.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

While you -may- find a way around your issues and this camera, you'd probably be a lot better off returning the camera and buying something that has proven itself as a reliable skydiving video camera.

You are most benevolent today, oh green one. No references to threads where anything other than Sony is thrashed?:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

Rooke, you CAN use that camera, but you SHOULD return it in order to get something that has more broadbased support in skydiving circles.

That's long for "Get a PC or TRV Sony, you'll be much happier in the long run"

I know 4 guys that jump JVC's just like that and have been doing it for hundreds of jumps. I personally went with Sony, but if you already bought the JVC, here's how you attach a wide angle. Get a step up ring that is the size you need for the wide angle. A step up ring is a just a thin ring that would screw onto the back of the wide angle. Glue the step up ring on the front of the camera with aircraft epoxy or some other extremely strong adhesive. Be careful not to get any of it on the lens. Now you can attach a wide angle. It can be done, and I know of 4 of them that have been going for years and hundreds of jumps, but if you can, get a Sony, they are still better.

i had a dvm-55u amodel about the sme size as that one but a few years before it. it took a 27mm threaded ring i have on if you find that is the size you need i'll send it to ya for nothing aslong as that is what you need, it's stepped up to 37mm which is what most wide angle lenses are threaed for. i used my jvc for about 40 jumps and then it's battery went dead, bought a pc101 in feb and am loving it, but for the money i paid for my litle jvc ($150) it was well worth it as a first camera! have fun with it.......

p.s. so how good a deal did ya get like 3-500??? if it is more i would say return it and put up a couple more undred and get a sony though.....

the camcorder is retailed at 1500. but i was fortinate to get it for 300. i took jayhawkjumprers advice and epoxy glued a step ring to the camera. i can now mount a wide angle lens to it. woohoo. thanks for the offer wingut, its people like you that make this place rock.B|

PCSS # 1 Rookeskydiver
"Its a Wonka Bar"....."Go ahead Charlie open it, lets see that golden ticket"