AggieDave

PC-105 questions

Has anyone had a chance to play with one? Any opinions, good, bad, otherwise?

How would it compare to some of the other popular DCR-PC models (pc-1, pc-9, pc-101, etc)?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Our team vidiot just got his last week. He does not have a helmet for it yet, so it has not been jumped. I played around with it. It looks like a great camera. Smaller than the 101 (much, much smaller than my 100) and with all the bells and whisltes. I could see no negatives to it.

He floats around the forums one-in-awhile as Sin - you can PM him for more detail.

Our team vidiot just got his last week. He does not have a helmet for it yet, so it has not been jumped. I played around with it. It looks like a great camera. Smaller than the 101 (much, much smaller than my 100) and with all the bells and whisltes. I could see no negatives to it.

He floats around the forums one-in-awhile as Sin - you can PM him for more detail.

I recently received my PC105, which I bought from www.cdw.com for $860 (just a little more than a PC101 would have cost new). You can probably find one a little cheaper now that they are out - I ordered mine before it was available. So far I love the camera. It is slightly smaller and lighter than the PC101 (every bit helps!). I have yet to fly it - waiting for a 2KComposites helmet to come in - although, I have played with it and read through the manual. I wanted to find the best & smallest camera I could and it seems to fit the bill. It's nice and small and has all the bells and whistles to boot! Not that you will use a lot of the bells and whistles for skydive video but I figure if I'm going to buy one I might as well get all the fun stuff too. The PC105 has a 30mm lens thread (Royal-Lenses sells the low profile "Max Cohn" wide angle lenses in this size - I ordered the 0.3x and the 0.5x). The Lanc port is on the right side of the camera just like the PC101 so make sure to allow room in your helmet/enclosure to allow space for the plug - some people that did not do this experienced problems with the plug or the jack itself due to it getting pushed on (with the 2KComposites FFX helmet the camera loads from inside the helmet and there is just enough of a gap to allow the necessary space for the plug. PC105 bells & whistles include Memory Stick Pro slot (up to a Gig of storage), still camera flash (very low profile when not being used), red eye reduction for stills, frame by frame record (for stop animation), & bunch of other stuff. Also, the new remote is soooo small - you could keep in your jump suit pocket if you wanted to and you wouldn't even know it was there. The remote from my PC110 works with the PC105 and vice versa too. Hope this info helps.

Sin Seriously,
Sin
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! PMS Groupie, Hispa #34

Is $860.00 a typo, on cwd.com it lists for $999.99
the same price that I payed last week from b&wphoto and free shippin. and no high psi sales on accessories. I love my 105 but the first thing i would do for the next version is move the upper attachment
point for the hand strap. when mounting mine to the left side of my helmet with a simple bone head
L-bracket you have to add & subtract foam padding
or it won't sit flush. if they moved that one thing it would have been made for Skydivers. Also has a lanc port to suport cameye 2 but it also sticks out quite far, I'm goin to radio shack and see it they make a lower profile mini jack (the other weak link).
Hows this for typical, Mullins has his kingair here for the weekend and today (Saturday) it's frigin rainin with no let up in site.
hey it must be beer aclock

Is $860.00 a typo, on cwd.com it lists for $999.99

Yep, $860 is correct - I just saw that CDW was now charging $999. I think I enjoyed the benefit of someone's mistake at CDW! I found the CDW price by using www.nextag.com (a pricing web page). It found the link on CDW's site but I did notice that I, at the time, could not go directly to the site and search for that camera. I ordered it before it was available so I guess I just got lucky.

Sin Seriously,
Sin
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! PMS Groupie, Hispa #34