freeflyeuphoria

Lenses for the 10d

A good overall camera flying lens for the D30/D60/10D series is the Canon EOS EF 20mm f/2.8 USM.

This will be good for the majority of your freefall needs.

Getting wider than this is going to cost you some serious coinage -- at least in the Canon line.

Off-brand lenses are a bit of a gamble and some of the automatic features you'd want simply don't work with some of them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree that the off brands are somewhat of a risk... My Sigma 15mm works great, but my Sigma 20mm was hit or miss... so I got a Canon 20mm... which works great. It costs a little more, but it works every time.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I've got that 20mm for all my air work so far, and the Canon 28-200 zoom for ground work, swoops.

McGowan talked with me about using aperature priority and zoom at Perris, so I'll be experimenting with the longer lens, depth of field, and autofocus too.

If you can only get one lens, get that 20mm. You can see my work with the 10D and those lenses by clicking on my tag line.

JP

Guys a big thanks for that one, been using wet film for some time now the wastage is huge, with digital should help cut that down, got a few projects for our sponsors to do soon too so a big thanks to yall again, anymore views keep em posting. One more does the Sigma 14mm F2.8 work ok with the 10d? Would save me a whole bunch of cash, still be geting a 20mm F2.8 cannon me thinks got a cannon wide to medium f2.8 telephoto allready.
Grant a.k.a "The Wookster"
Euphoria freefly
http://www.freeflyeuphoria.com