sid

rebel II - remote firing conversion?

I bought a Canon, Rebel II on ebay and it seems to have everything I need for freefall photography except the ability to be fired by an external trigger. There is no socket anywhere on the main body of the camera. Is it possible to get a conversion done anywhere or do I need to put the sumbitch back on ebay and be more careful shopping next time?

Many thanks

pd
www.sidsrigging.com
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I've got an old Rebel S body with the same issue. I'm not aware of any add-ons to the body that would make it work.
Just looked through the Canon EOS System catalog that they sent to me - Nothing there either. I'd try going to www.canoneos.com and looking for a support link from there.

(edit cause I can't type)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=365132#365132

I had the same problem with my EOS 850. No grips available. There might bo one for your camera though. It's not an easy job, but it can be done. (I have it mounted and wired to a blow switch now with a 24mm lense. It works great!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I bought a Canon, Rebel II on ebay and it seems to have everything I need for freefall photography except the ability to be fired by an external trigger. There is no socket anywhere on the main body of the camera. Is it possible to get a conversion done anywhere or do I need to put the sumbitch back on ebay and be more careful shopping next time?

Many thanks

pd
www.sidsrigging.com

Try calling Clay at Bay Area Skydiving. He's done a couple of these conversions on Pentax cameras in the Past. I'm sure he can figure it out.
This number's from memory, but I believe it's 935.634.7575.
Check DZ.com "dropzones" section FFI.