fasterfaller

Canon 10D

I have a D60 which is the previous version of the 10D.
The D60 (and the 10D I'm sure) is SLOWER THAN ALL GET OUT, when downloading from the USB port. It's not the fault of the camera, it's the original version of USB and just slow downloading say, 256 megs of anything.
The hot tip is to get a FireWire CF card reader and download that way. MUCH faster.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've already got this camera but I haven't jumped with it yet and so far have only taken ground shots with it.
I've built a camera mount for it. Tonight I'm trying to build the new remote shutter release as it is different than my Canon Rebel 35mm. This camera is more than twice the weight than my Canon Rebel. 2.65 lbs. w/ 20mm lens vs 1.25 lbs with 28mm lens.
I had already gotten the advice to get a CF Card reader and that's what I've done. It works well. I've never tried to download directly from the camera.
I've also been using some freeware for downloading from the CF card to the computer. It seems to work very well.
http://www.breezesys.com/products.html#downloader

regards,
mh.

D60 WITH battery = 855 g (1.9 lb) - body only
10D WITHOUT battery = 790 g (1.7 lb) - body only

Just a guess, but they're pretty damn close.

IN DEPTH review and every single spec you could possibly think of on the 10D HERE.
quade -

Geeze, I don't know, I've only posted them about a ga-jillion times already . . . ;)

Ballpark figures . . . adjust as required.

ISO 200
Tv 500

Good from 1 hour after sunrise to 1 hour before sunset IN FREEFALL under clear skys.

quade -

Sorry Quade,.... didn't seen it for D60 or 10D...

will make a search more precise, I think people don't use autofocus , but me next question what focus you set....means the range for ajustement...

don't hit me to hard....... again a really appreciate your help Quade

Just kiddin' around. Notice the ---> ;)

Some people get bent if you don't do searches, but I'm more than happy to repeat myself if it's just a sentance or two.

As for focus, under the conditions I previously talked about you'll have an aperture of f/8 to f/11 usually and more than enough depth o field to set your focus just a bit shy of infinity and virtually everything will be in focus from about 3 feet out.

Again, adjust as required.

quade -

Again...thank you very much... !

I found lot of thing whit my search but not what you just told me.... really appreciate, now only things left is to mo9unt my 10D and the external flash on the helmet and jump