MattDogg

i once!!!!!!!!

i take it you were able to get out of the situation?
be verry carful on exit..give enouhgh seperation between you and the tm your life is not worth that really good close up exit shot!
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Try this one...

I was shooting 4 way 2 years ago for my team(first year). We were at a new (to us) DZ, with a King air with no step. I climbed out first, and still had my left foot firmly planted at the back of the door, with the door frame corner right in the arch of my foot.

Before I could slide it out to put my toe on the edge, our tail climbed out and planted his weight on his right foot, SNUGLY against the left side of my shoe. About that time, I was trying to pull my foot back to do my toe plant, but no way... I was wedged in TIGHT.

So instead of a graceful, slightly early launch, I did a simultaneous launch, hands only... my foot stayed put for a brief second. That caused a less than graceful "turtle" launch (aka nestea plunge).

next thing I know, I am on my back under the formation. Geez. The team saw me, and held the formation for a sec for me to roll back over and get in position.

Never will do THAT again. Luckilly my team was pretty cool about the whole thing, and we still laugh about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I have a couple of no shit there I was stories. I was doing a 3 way compressed exit with me on point with my mate doing video. The center guys rig pops as he leaves and the freebag hangs up on our cameramans helmet. with a breif struggle he gets it free.
And another.
During a pratice jump the day before our National championship starts we were doing a block (Snowflake-offset) when my my altimeter comes off my hand. With lightning reflexs our cameraman reaches out and catches it. No bullshit!!! the video is great because he continues to film us and your thinking it's gone but as we track he holds it up to the camera. He is way to cool.

Cookie

:o wow guys!!!! that's impressive!!!!!! :o

please guys, start a thread about this "no shit, there i was" stories!!!!! (i would do it myself, but i have no such stories... )

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Well...this was not my story, but I heard it recounted and I trust the source.

I was standing in line at manifest in Eloy, when Mike Ortiz walks up and starts talking to the guy in front of me. I just thought it was cool to be standing next to Mike. Anyway, he is holding his camera with the lens assembly totally crunched. He tells the guy in front of me that his wide angle snagged a riser and it ripped the assembly off. Bummer, etc, etc. He proceeds to say he looked around and saw the lens sitting behind his 3-ring on his right side. "I have no idea how it got there" (his camera was on the left side) So he tried to push it off into his hand, but it started to fall. So he hacked it with his foot, and tried to catch. But he could not quite reach it. I was just thinking wow, he is flying something tiny, he reaches for the lens, then hacks it with his leg in an attempt to catch it. Just seemed pretty impressive at the time.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I once did a two way with Eric Asendorf (of AZ Inertia) while 14 planes (one of them short 2 jumpers) full of 300 way jumpers decended on an aborted 300 way attempt.

We had done a go around and were right over the top when people started yelling in the plane. They were repeating the "Abort" that the pilot said, but by the time it got to the door, it sounded like "Get the Fuck out!"... so the door went up and I climbed out with Eric following me and the front floater.

The front floater was pulled back in and tried to get Eric to come back.

I realized that we were out there alone as I saw the other planes. When I thought... "man this is going to be a long wait..." I noticed we were picking up speed and decending. I realized it was an abort but Eric soon got ripped off by the speed and as soon as he was off the wind blew me off too.

So I swooped down to Eric and filmed him geeking me from 20,000 feet. We both have been in the tunnel so when he started cracking 180s, I started mimicking him. It was fun. at about 6000 feet we realised we were 1 mile out and should track to land on the DZ.

So Eric and I were the only ones on the Unofficial 7th Attempt at the 300 way.

:)

Brent
www.brentfinley.com
[email protected]

Yup! Stuff like that happen!
When I started jumping camera I was something of a freeflyer. You know, getting a stable position is not belly down but sit-down.

So I was lucky to make about 50 uneventful 4-way camerajobs. So we went to Portugal to train, and I was urged into testing all kinds of stuff, be close, move, get great shots, work on the exit and so on...

Well, I thought I,d get some really neat close-up exits and released REALLY late a few times.
So on one jump I was intentionally late, hit the back man, pushed myself away from his rig and tumbled. It took me a while to realize where the team was... I found them above me, wondering what happened? I was stable, the god damned sitflyer sitting in my camera suit under the team. Nice shot though. A moment of nice vid, back to belly down, max wings and Whoooff, back to were I was supposed to be...

Nice... 500 jumps later stable is back to belly down :ph34r:

Tomppa