alain

.5x advice

What .5x would you recommend? My two concerns are sharpness and low profile.
what do you think of Kenko? anything better out there?

I know this topic has been covered many times but I thought it would be interesting to get an up to date over view...

alain

Not all lens are the same. eg my kenko 0.5 is not as wide as my sony 0.6!!
The kenko is a good lens but does seem to be a bit narrower than other 0.5 lenses. I had a vivanco 0.5 that I was really happy with - it lined up almost perfectly with a 24mm still lens, the Kenko 0.5 is a bit narrower than the 24mm still lens.
The Kenko is a great 4-way lens, ie you can get really steep while still filling the frame.
Without a doubt the best lens I have owned is a sony 0.45 but I think they stopped making them. Beautifully clear but quite bulky.
It really is trial and error.
You don't say what you are going to be filming in your post. If you say 4 way I'd say get the kenko. If its 1 on 1 type jumps you will want something wider.
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

>Not all lens are the same. eg my kenko 0.5 is not as wide as my sony 0.6!!
The kenko is a good lens but does seem to be a bit narrower than other 0.5 lenses. I had a vivanco 0.5 that I was really happy with - it lined up almost perfectly with a 24mm still lens, the Kenko 0.5 is a bit narrower than the 24mm still lens.

ok, maybe a kenko 0.42 or 0.43 would be a sort of *true* 0.5 ???

Anyway, 0.5 = 24mm depends on the camrecorder too, right? For exemple the canon MXV2i zoom specs are 4.2-42mm and equivalent to 48-480mm according to Canon. (that depends on the lens and of the size of the CCD too)
Therefore a true .5x on the MXV2i would result in a 24mm (35mm equivalent)

what are the zoom specs of your camrecorder ?

>You don't say what you are going to be filming in your post.

I need a lens for outside formation freefly shooting (something equivalent to 24 or 28mm ?)
I'll get a 0.3 for inside formation freefly shooting, didn't think of which one yet...

alain