cameramonkey

audible in a bat rak?

I have been flying my bat rak for a season now, and I want to put in an audible. I tried cutting some foam on the outside of the liner (so the audible was between the liner and the helmet) but it was hard to hear. so hard, I missed it a couple times.

I have a skytronic pro (yeah, they suck, just waiting for it to die so I can justify a new one), and considered buying one of the mounting systems for the paraspory Z1 helmet, and cutting it into the side for a semi-permanent mount, accessible from the outside. The only problem I see is making a hole in the liner from the hole on the audible to the ear area without it collapsing when I clamp down the helmet (it would be a diagonal hole that could/would be crushed). Unfortunately I cant make a straight hole, as the ear fits almost directly under the chin cup bolt.

has anyone successfully put an audible in thiers? any tips?
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

"I tried cutting some foam on the outside of the liner (so the audible was between the liner and the helmet) but it was hard to hear. so hard, I missed it a couple times."

Funny, i installed my Pro Track the same way, and it worked perfectly, no problems at all...:)