SniperCJ

Conceptus contact info?

I have a Conceptus tongue switch that is sticking on me. I jump and KNOW I havnt shot an entire roll of film and land with the entire roll gone. Its really screwing with my tandem shooting.

Anyone have this happen?

Also, anyone have contact info for Conceptus?

Thanks
JC

On the other hand, I had the bite switch and I -did- get too much helmet movement with each bite. I got the tongue switch and it misbehaved on me once (shooting the whole roll with the first shot input). This only happened once, though. It never happened again. It works great now.

I think that the shrink-wrap might have been a bit too tight on the tongue switch I got and with one use it 'loosened' up enough to never be a problem again.

Just my experience.
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I originally had a bit switch, and without much effort I bit through it, it filled up with saliva and shorted, thus acting like it was always depressed. This also happened to two other people at our DZ. Maybe it's just a midwestern problem, though. Maybe we have really sharp teeth or strong jaws. Anyway...

The folks at conceptus were great. They replaced it with a tongue switch, which did end up sticking after a while. You could actually tell the button wasn't "popping" back out. I could actually un-stick it, though, once I was on the ground, but I've since gotten rid of that particular switch. Since they were so good to me the first time, I just forked over the $40 and bought a new tongue switch, which I have had no problems with.

Mike

Thought about going to a hand switch, but I REALLY like having all the junk self contained on / in the helmet without the hassle of running cords down my sleeve and all.

Maybe I'll buy em all (tongue, bite, blow, hand) and do a big product review...

Dont hold your collective breaths on THAT idea...

Mike, you said you had dealt with the peeps at Conceptus. How did you contact them??

JC

Someone once told me a really smart simple secret about tongue and bite switches.

SPIT THEM OUT before you deploy. If you get in the habit of doing this your switch will last you a hell-a-lot longer. Think about whenever you have a "bad" opening. You get 100 shots of your deployment, or the earth or whatever. I know I personally clench down hard when this happens....

Just passing some knowledge
-Trunk
HYPOXIC