brabzzz

...and a silly question about new ZP

Is it the packing or the jumping that makes it easier to pack eventually? Or both? Basically would spending crap weather weekends (i'm in the UK!!!) packing and unpacking it be a stupid thing to do?

Regards,
Mike

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

..actually on secomd thoughts its a stupid thing to do - but i'll re-phrase the question. Would it be a useful thing to do when there is nothing else to do?

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I think you should pack it over and over again.

I think you would like to think of a good reason to play with your equipment.:P

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

re-packing can cause some un-nessasarry wear. the center cell gets a lot of abuse when packing, and after a couple thousand jumps, it will have to be replaced, while the other cells are just fine. i know it sound weird, but if you really want to get the most out of your canopy, re-packing it over and over, isn't the best thing to do.

now the wear won't be that much now, but it is wear.

later

Don't deny him the pleasure of playing with his stuff!

He'll get tired long before it matters.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Go pack it a few times :)
By keeping the packing area clean and trying to avoid having a lot of sweat drip on the top skin of the center cell, you can prolong the life of your canopy quite a bit - so wearing a t-shirt when you pack is a good idea in the summer heat :)
Have fun packing - practice makes perfect (or thats at least what the canopy gurus at PD keep telling me.... :P )

Blue ones,
Kolla

Blue Skies Magazine

It's the dirt! Go pack it in a coal bin.:)

What packing it at home will do is teach you how to pack it while its new. At 1500 jumps and 12 years of rigging it took me 10 pack jobs before I got one I would jump. Of course I'm kind of picky.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE