airann

Video to Web

I optimized it for her from the original 1gigabyte!!!! to 3 megs
she doesnt like the pixelation etc,
so, (and she sits right next to me and asks) I told her I'll offer a higher bandwidth one.
anyone have additional suggestions?
you can view the vid on my website, in anns video vault
http://www.cyberskydive.com (discussions)
oops....need to go rub down her sunburn :P
.....there is no spoon
--------------------
Another place to play ;)

ha ha ha welcome to video lol there is a reson why the good ones are in the gigabites :) its a catch 22 though it looks like crap when its a small size but nobody can afford/can be bothered with downloading somthen that is a gig or more.
most people however just acept that for the moment atleast online video is pretty crap but they get over it
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit

Yep, welcome to video. I did some projects my senior year in school that were huge. I was shooting with a Canon XL-1 [drool] and the quality was awesome. But I had to put this videos in a multimedia presentation, and some were even hidden features (one of which was a recreation of the printer-beating in Office Space :)So my best advice for video in general, and I think most will agree:
1. Decide how much space you are willing to use.
2. Use the best codec you can possibly use for your purpose, ie interplatform, web, etc
3. Edit quality until you squeeze just under your size limit
Malachi

I have just recently been finding out that Streaming Windows Media format (.WMV) works really good. It is a highly compressed format that looks and sounds really good. I have a couple vids encoded with that and they look pretty sharp. A two minute (384Kb @ 30 FPS) ) movie is just under 5MB.
The tricky part was getting it to play on the web. I had to "copy" another sites video link page, and then I just inserted my video filename in where theirs was.
www.almgren.net/aff