rhino

Buying a Wings container... Opinions please...

In Uruguay I am the first and, as yet, the only one to have a Wings (we have no more than 60 current skydivers in this scarcely (3.000.000) populated country. I sure love my Wings container for all the reasons already stated in this thread. I highly reccomend it as an excellent balance of quality and price.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Well, lets see... I've jumped Javelin, Talon, Dolphin, and I've owned, 1 Reflex, 2 Vectors and 1, 2, 3.. Yup!! Three Wings containers. Always a perfect fit outta the box. Its THE most comfortable rig I've ever worn. Fully decked out including full tie-dye was less expensive than a low-end Mirage. My rigger loves me cause he likes to pack the reserve. And, Heather sounds sexy as hell on the phone B| BIGUN

You got a photo for us???

i know you weren't talking to me, but i can't miss the chance to show off B|
you won't find a better looking rig :P

gave it for a reserve repack yesterday, and i'm feeling lonely [:/]
at least i know my rigger loves it almost as much as i do B|
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

wings3.JPG

Hi Rhino:

I would say go for it ! My wife and I both bought a rig from Wings in 2001. They are very comfortable, very good for freeflying (from what I've done), and are VERY well priced. Be sure to go articulated. They look great and feel great.

I know you live in MI, so if you ever come down I-75, shoot me a PM. I live 3 minutes from the Interstate (exit 125). I'll meet you at a gas station if you want to check out my rig.

Let me know !
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I am also having the same type of webbing that a chest strap is made of run behind the hip ring from the top piece of webbing to the leg strap. The the hip ring will maintain it's flexibility and I will have a 1 in 100,000 backup for that hip ring. Built in redundancy if you will. Arrows illustrate. :)
People say "if that hip ring breaks you are dead anyways!"

Maybe so? Maybe not? I've seen 6" pieces of SOLID steel break for no reason what so ever. In the highly unlikely event that the ring breaks or flaws I have the webbing as a backup keeping my happy ass in the harness. And you will hardly notice it is there due to it being behind the ring itself.

Rhino

ringharness.jpeg