skygeek

Freeflying Wings

Does anyone out there Freefly with there camera suit? I freefly alot and just got a camera suit. i was wondering if anyone does this or is it a bad idea. Any info would be great. Like what do you do with the booties? Any positions better than others?
Thanx
Blue ones
Skygeek

It's going to depend on a number of factors; what type of camera flying are you attempting to do, skill level . . .
If you're shooting freefly and you're already a competent freeflyer, you probably don't need anything different than what you're already used to.
If you're planning on shooting 4-way competition and you only jump freefly and only own a freefly suit, then you're NOT going to be shooting adequately judgeable footage.
Same deal with Tandem and AFF.
What do you plan on shooting?
Paul

Curently Im shooting fun jumper solos and small way rw. I do alot of freefly but also some rw. I'm working my way toward AFF's and tandoms. When I shoot freefly I normaly use my Ff suit. I have seen some pics of people filming tandoms in sit. Thanx for the input.
Skygeek

If you want to sitfly with a camera wing suit, my advice is to ditch the booties. Replace them with blousy, baggy legs like a freefly suit. Depending upon your skill level, you can learn to compensate for the booties by reacting faster and anticipating things sooner with the baggy legs.

Freeflying with a camera suit isn't a bad idea in and of itself. In fact it will challenge you more but the creative angles you can get are worth it.

- Chris Norton

I film tandems all of the time in sit with your regular camera suit (i.e. big wings) and with no booties.
I find that filming in a flat position very limiting due to the restricted movement of the neck to look up.
Even Norm Kent films flat formations in a sit - remember that 10-way star he did, where he was in sit, rotating inside the star to film the faces of the flyers?
As for position, I find all that I really alter is to lean forward a bit more, so that the wings can inflate and slow you down. I then use my arms and legs to counter the small backslide you'll get.