pkasdorf

Trouble with SkyLog 1.0

I really would like to have some feedback on the Canexus people that sell and service the SkyLog. Since I bought the program in 2001 I have had some troubles with their customer service, contacted them for help and assessment and .... well, just read below my mail exchange with the dates

Still without news?

----- Original Message -----
To: Matt Hunter
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: A few problems...

Any news?

Kindest regards

Pedro

To: Pedro Kasdorf
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: A few problems...

Hi Pedro,

Yes, we're looking into this. I'll have a more definite answer soon.

Regards,

Matthew Hunter
CaNexus.com Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 3:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Fw: A few problems...
Importance: High

Hey, do you exist?

At least give a hint that you received my mail...

Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 12:51 PM
Subject: Fw: A few problems...

Waiting to hear from you...

Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 1:51 PM
Subject: A few problems...

Dear Matt:

Sorry to bother you but I have tripped on some problems using the SkyLog 1.0:

after using the stats/searching mode once there are some options on the display window (show me jumps where) that don't display any more: (none) and jump type is. To be able to use it I have to exit the program and restart it
the equipment contains option doesn't recognize what I write in the next window, even it is worded exactly as I put the data in in each jump
there is another problem, when filling the date in each jump one has to put dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy but that doesn't bother me, it's the usual way for us non-americans to write dates
Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot

Pedro

SkyLog (3137-1)
Support E-Mail: [email protected]

Your license name is: Pedro Kasdorf
Your license code is: SL-68989-ZTY-29310

I am still waiting for an answer!!!! I know that in a previous thread from 2001 SLOTPERFECT was very happy with his SkyLog.

slotperfect
Old Hand
(Full Profile)

Apr 14, 2001, 11:10 AM

Post #3 of 7 (84 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: jumplog for computer [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the same one (SkyLog) and am very happy with it. It's simple, customizable, and searchable. It's shareware that costs $15. There is a way to back up the data . . . if you buy it, email me and I'll tell you how to do it. I love being able to search my log books as a database. And you can store all of your DZ contact info there as well (your own personal DZ directory).

Respectfully,
SP

Any information would be helpful. Has anybody else had my problems? Any suggestions? Are the Canexus people out of business? Do you have another skyklog to suggest? Thanks to all.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

I have the same "jump type search" issue with SkyLog, although I have learned to just live with the glitch. Otherwise I am very happy with it.

I too let them know about the glitch, and he said he would look into it - no reply after that. I also asked about availability of an updated version, but he said there was not enough interest in the first one to warrant the update.

I will say that if I had it to do all over again, I would get my Excel genius buddy to create me one as a searchable spreadsheet.
Arrive Safely

John

Vielen dank, Klaus!

I didn't have too much time to try your Log which seems very good and user friendly with some questions or troubles surfacing like, for example:

how do you enter the gear you really used in each jump?
how do you enter more than 4 different gears certainly used along a skydiving career?
Instructions should be a bit more detailed, may be with examples.

Anyway, I liked it and would like you to keep me posted!

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Vielen dank, Klaus!

Gern geschehen!

I didn't have too much time to try your Log which seems very good and user friendly ...

I appreciate your positive feedback. Please bear in mind though that this is an early preview, so several areas are still work in progress.

how do you enter the gear you really used in each jump?
how do you enter more than 4 different gears certainly used along a skydiving career?

This is one of those areas.... Now you can choose the gear from a pick list in the details view which offers the gears you have entered in your preferences. This will store the description of the gear you selected in the jump record, so if you change a gear in your preferences, old entries will be preserved.

Instructions should be a bit more detailed, may be with examples.

Do you have specific areas in mind? Except for the areas which were not fully implemented, I thought the instructions together with sample data would be more then enough.

Let me know iif you have any further suggstions.

Anyway, I liked it and would like you to keep me posted!

Sure, pleas send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to my mailing list.

The next version, which you can expect by the end of next week will offer several enhancements, the most interesting being support for downloading and displaying ProTrack jump data and profiles (as you can already see in the Screenshot) and full integration with Paralog Companion for the Palm (Profile, Gear and Preferences).

Regards,
Klaus
My Logbook