mountainman

Freefly helmet and cam

Hey all!
I am wondering what kind of helmet set-up most freeflyers use. I really like the ones with the side mounted camera instead of the top-mounted. What kind of helmet/camera/casing set-up is most reliable and common? I won't be jumping one anytime soon, but would like to start looking just to get ideas.
I was thinking as far as the camera is concerned, since I don't need anything real fancy, a Sony PC-3 would suffice. I just need something digital that I can plug into my 1394 plug (firewire). And as far as helmet/casing goes, what is your ideas?
My idea is something like this.
Thanks a lot!
MORE SKYDIVING PHOTOS ADDED!!!
http://www.onu.edu/user/student/stu5784/thisone.jpg" target="_new">this.
Thanks a lot!
MORE SKYDIVING PHOTOS ADDED!!!

I just started flying a camera. I have a JVC DVM70U. I mounted it in a X-Jacket on a Bonehead. My main consern was openning shock, due to the extra weight, but I hardly even notice it is there. I was going to just get a L-bracket, but 90 percent of my jumps are out of a C182. And not being used to jumping with a camera I was afraid I'd beat the heck out of it. So far so good!
Good luck & Blue skies
Tracy

Ciao, I use a Gath helmet with a PC5 on the side with a L aluminum plate so that I can turn it upside-down. I think the gath elmet, even if it's made of plastic, it's the best one: very thick (less possibility to deal with the opening), and not too expensive!
blue skies
Viky