Krishan

Advice

Hey all.
I am pretty much a newbie, I have been jumping for just over a year and have 125 jumps. I am very interested in camera flying and wondered if anyone had any advice as far as when to start and what kind of equipment is good for beginners.
I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks much
Blues
Krishan

As with any answer to such a question as "when to start"...it depends. I myself could not imagine having enough presence of mind at 125 jumps to add 'yet another thing to think about' during a skydive. I'm sure you're going to do whatever you want regardless of what anyone tells you, so just remember to keep it simple. You'll easily become overwhelmed if you add too many factors into the equation at one time.
If you're hard on equipment, you may want to look at cheaper cameras. But in the long run, you'll end up getting the quality gear you we're looking at in the first place. Just ask some camera flyers that have been around for awhile and I'm sure you'll quickly find that Sony is the choice for the majority. I personally have a Sony PC-3 mounted on the side of a Hawkeye. I am happy with it, but would rather have a top mounted camera (if it wasn't for the climbout hassles of jumping from a Cessna).

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I have recently started jumping an old Hi-8 Sony on a SkyDance Paramount System III camera helmet. The helmet works good, but I get tons of tape flutter even with the camera buried in gaffers tape.
I was actually about to buy a Sony DCRTRV11 today, but the deal it turned out to be wasnt as good as I thought it was, so.
Thanks again.