imdskydiver

X-Jacket

I use one for my PC5, and it seems to do very well. I am not sure which one you have, but the new one has been upgraded to use a real strap and clip instead of that cheesy tube stow material. My only beef was that I had to put in a spacer so I could bolt it to the bottom since they use the same box for both the PC100 and PC5.
I bought two and unfortunately my second helmet grew legs so I have nothing to attach it to if anyone wants to buy it cheap :). Make me an offer!

I would consider that offer, but I bought the PC-5 in part because of it's compact size. I think putting it in a PC-100 box would kind of defeat the purpose. They've designed boxes for every other camera under the sun, what's so hard about making one for the PC-5?
-T1
C-30757

With the X jaket,actually the only dimension that is different is the length, and that is only about 1/2 inch. I still have enough room to put a thin layer (1/8") of dense foam to protect the camera a little better. I had to put a small block of wood in as a spacer so that I could anchor the camera to the box via the tripod screw. When I first got my box, I very seriously considered sending it back for a smaller (more expensive) one, but realized that the others really werent much smaller, and in some cases although they were shorter, they actually stuck out farther from the helmet because of design issues.
As for making a smaller box, I am not sure why they dont re-tool and make a second one. Maybe they are too lazy?
I'll just put it up on the classifieds and see who bites :)