meekerboy

How to side-slide video

I have been keeping the local tunnel near me in business while I have been doing aff. What one of the instructors did was teach me leg turn first, then side slides. learning leg turns first made it easier to stop spins before they start but it did take me a few minutes. My next few jumps should go a lot smoother

There are many ways to side slide. Which technique you use depends upon your body awareness, and your time in air. Next time you're in freefall, dip one of your knees, and let us know what happens. Be sure to just dip your knee, and not move any other part of your body.
We are all engines of karma

Great to get this list - sideslides are killing me - I cannot seem to get them at all - to the point that I'm getting frustrated and planning to go to the tunnel and try to sort it out there. I can get levels pretty well, all my other belly skills are coming along nicely, but sideslides always wind up going into turns/spins rather than the clear slide I want to get - at least there's a few more techniques I can give a go - the "like pushing off the wall of a bathtub" one isn't working, and the one on the Rhythm 101 video doesn't seem to be - going to try some other things.