Sketti

Counting Points on exit?

As long as it is no speedstar.. ;)

now serious:
get the grips, show the first formation, that´s it.
once the last is out of the door and you show the complete formation, it counts.

--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

StreetScooby

Yes, as long as the formation you launched is the first point of the dive.

READY...SET....ONE!

two
three
etc

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

...once the last is out of the door...

This is not even required. It's scoring formations in working time, and working time starts when the first jumper leaves the aircraft.
Hard to get a clear presentation though, when stuck in the door...:S
Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done

Jaap

This is not even required.

I guess it is.. all have to be in flight..
so you have to leave the aircraft.

Working time starts when the first jumper leaps, formation counts when in flight. Otherwise just capture the grips of a "F" from outside for example and it would count ... or standing on the edge of a skyvan with all the grips taken... I suppose you have to jump first to make the judges push the knob ....

you take the grips, leap and as all are outside of the plane showing a controlled formation with the right and visible grips, that´s it.
Point one ....

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

Hajo

controlled formation with the right and visible grips, that´s it.

nicely put

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Vaguely recall a four-way team (Airspeed?) that moved to their second point before everybody was even fully outside the door. Believe the judges counted it as while people were partly still in the aircraft, they were not touching any part of it.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

rehmwa

***controlled formation with the right and visible grips, that´s it.

nicely put

Thanks! I entered my 1st 3 way competition last weekend at LSPC. Our team got 2nd out of 3 teams but I did it just for the experience to see what competition was like. But we did launch a phalanx off the step of the 182 and it went great! I was like a 3 way door dive, definitely doing that exit again sometime! But yeah the judges definitely counted that as one of the points. It definitely wasn't pretty though, I had never jumped with these guys before but definitely was a blast. I will try to post video later of our shenanigans :)

Anyways it was a ton of fun and my goal is to eventually try some 4way competitions with the Northern Plains Skydiving League. I know I've got a ways to go but with every working jump that I make I gain a lot of knowledge and experience. This week end Redemption Boogie then Lost Prairie!

The greatest thing is I will have plenty of beer for both thanks to Sketti and one other that shook my hand on the way to altitude that the "1st point on exit doesn't count" Woot!!

Bolas

Believe the judges counted it as while people were partly still in the aircraft, they were not touching any part of it.

Hard to believe... never seen that or heard about that. would love to see the footage because usually, the cameraguy is on the outside (left or right door) and such stuff would be difficult to judge.
And I´m not quite sure what the sporting code states about that.

Sure you don´t think about a kind of "helping" exit where you launch something different and switch grips to the needed formation once you´re outside?
Like here on round 1 from airspeed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0q03F1XCk4
start watching at 00:18, they are launching a modified "E" to switch grips to the "J" they have to show. Took them a second from 00:19 Exit to 1st point at 00:20

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

gunsmokex

Northern Plains Skydiving League.

get your team together and come to the meets - I'm usually coaching and judging these and I'll do post briefs and teach any team that actually ASKS me to. (As well as show you method and techniques and continuity planning - prebriefs, etc)

rehmwa

***Northern Plains Skydiving League.

get your team together and come to the meets - I'm usually coaching and judging these and I'll do post briefs and teach any team that actually ASKS me to. (As well as show you method and techniques and continuity planning - prebriefs, etc)

The 4 way Belly camp is a great way to get started. All the information is available on the Northern Plains Skydiving League Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/northernplainsskydivingleauge/

rehmwa is one of many great reasons to attend. B| See ya there....
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."