lawalton.ia

2-way Cessna Jumps!

If you're looking to build your RW skills with 2-way jumps, you can create a dive using any combination of the formations at this link from SDC RhythmXP:
http://skydiving.how/files/8414/4054/3163/2way_RW_Formation_Diagrams.pdf
Start out with three formations, going back to the top and repeating if you get through all three. You can also try adding in extra turns.
For example, you could make a 2-way star, then you both do a 360, and come back into the star.

Another resource is the 2-way draw generator on the AXIS Flight School webpage: you'll want to select USPA Collegiate to get the 2-way option http://drawgenerator.axis.tools/draw_configure.php?PHPSESSID=f66998d36cfe49d39779d0cc7389330a

Other ideas:
A block 7 (4-way dive pool) drill: one person takes a sidebody grip on the other, you both do a 360 and take the grip again; then switch roles.
A block 9 (4-way dive pool) drill: two ways to do this. One is cat grips, turn 180, cat grips on the other person; the other is compressed grips, turn 180, compressed grips facing the other direction.
A nosebreaker drill: Take turns being the base. Start faced off in a 2-way star. Then one person makes a series of turns, with the base taking the presented grips after each turn: 90 (sidebody), 180 other way (sidebody), 270 other way (cat), 540 other way (star). Then switch roles.

You could also do a burble hopping drill. AXIS has a great article and video on how to do this.
article: http://axisflightschool.com/pdf/media_articles_Foundations_of_Flight_12_02.pdf

video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/oEVdbngDs9c

For each of these dives, it's easy to get away from each other in the turns. If you keep eye contact as much as possible with your partner, watching their face instead of the grips, you'll have a much easier time maintaining proximity (same thing when you're making your turns - try to keep eye contact as long as you can as you start turning, and when you can't see your partner anymore gently turn your head to look over the other shoulder, to pick up eye contact again as you come out of the turn).

Remember to maintain altitude awareness! Be creative, laugh at your mistakes, and have fun!
Blue skies!

lawalton.ia

What are some fun 2-way jumps from a Cessna?

Here is one I'm pretty sure you will like.

First person out gets in poised exit position with left hand free. Second person gets out facing the rear using the right hand to hold onto the door frame. Both people use left hand to form a "compressed accordian", gripping the other person's leg strap.

After you launch it, try to do frontloops, backloops, and even just 360 degree turns. It isn't easy coordinating the moves. You will probably come down laughing.

This is a drill dive I've used with low time jumpers for years...
exit side-by-side from the step with only one forearm grip, close to two-way, sidebody on #1, two way, sb on #2, two way, opposite SB #1, T-W, Opposite SB #2, tw, cat on #1, tw, cat on #2,
back to the top
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

peek

***What are some fun 2-way jumps from a Cessna?

First person out gets in poised exit position with left hand free. Second person gets out facing the rear using the right hand to hold onto the door frame. Both people use left hand to form a "compressed accordian", gripping the other person's leg strap.

After you launch it, try to do frontloops, backloops, and even just 360 degree turns. It isn't easy coordinating the moves. You will probably come down laughing.

A fun variation of this position, if you like wild rides, is for each to extend their legs into a tracking position. The formation will start to spin really fast, hold as long as you can, then as soon as one lets go, so does the other. Each of you will fly away while rotating. (then get back together and do more stuff)

(Also fun to try to launch this as a 3 way from a turbine. All with left hands: front float grips rear float's left leg strap, rear float grips inside's left leg strap, inside grips front float's left leg strap.)

See the attached. Second time through, do the accordion to the other side and turn in the other direction. Stay close. Control the turns. Do not use the other person to stop.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

mathrick

***Totally agree, but, this particular jump won't be out of a Caravan... Cessna at my home dz :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_208_Caravan

You should correct the grammar too! Wouldn't want to pass that up!

We all know a Caravan is a Cessna, but we also all know that the OP isn't referring to a turbine Caravan or Grand Caravan.

But you knew that...

To the OP, all that are mentioned here are great. When you do get the opportunity to launch a three way, a dive flow I call the Smoking 3-way is great for lower experienced jumpers.

Launch a round from the step, or free-fly the exit and build to a round.

Dive flow starts from the round, but doesn't go back to a round unless you need to reset and start from the top.

Right hand donut.
Left hand donut.
Open accordion on one of the jumpers.
Open accordion on another one of the jumpers.
Open accordion on the final jumper.
----------
Rinse and repeat.

:D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

You should correct the grammar too! Wouldn't want to pass that up!

We all know a Caravan is a Cessna, but we also all know that the OP isn't referring to a turbine Caravan or Grand Caravan.

We all do, but the OP didn't, and I explained to them why Caravan was jokingly mentioned in the first reply. But sure, let's not do that, why should they know things if we already do, right?
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

lawalton.ia

What are some fun 2-way jumps from a Cessna!? :)

Of course as we are Germans, we have a nationwide competition for that ...
"Bundesweiter 2er Wettbewerb"

See Divepool

Works for Cessnas, Porters, Dorniers, Otters and many more
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

mathrick

We all do, but the OP didn't, and I explained to them why Caravan was jokingly mentioned in the first reply. But sure, let's not do that, why should they know things if we already do, right?

Don't assume - I'm well aware, but I'm simply referring to a Cessna 182. Yea, I could have put that originally, but I figured it would be self explanatory (as I would have put Caravan, Otter, Skyvan, King Air, etc if I was referring to one of those). As @DougH mentioned "we also all know that the OP isn't referring to a turbine Caravan or Grand Caravan."

Blue skies

Divalent

******What are some fun 2-way jumps from a Cessna?

A fun variation of this position, if you like wild rides, is for each to extend their legs into a tracking position. The formation will start to spin really fast, hold as long as you can, then as soon as one lets go, so does the other. Each of you will fly away while rotating. (then get back together and do more stuff)

(Also fun to try to launch this as a 3 way from a turbine. All with left hands: front float grips rear float's left leg strap, rear float grips inside's left leg strap, inside grips front float's left leg strap.)

We called this a Shredder.