propblast

Cruiselite

Para-Flite, it also was called the bruise-lite, but actually it was very good for its time.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The Cruiselite was introduced by Para-Flite in 1981. It was a 220 square foot, F-111, seven cell, general purpose canopy.
Cruiselites competed directly with Django's Pegasus and Glide Path's Fury.
I bought a custom-colored Cruislite back in 1984 and jumped it for three years, doing RW, accuracy, CReW and BASE jumps with it.
In its day, the Cruislite was the best canopy on the market.
As for the earlier poster who suffered hard landings while over-loading his Cruislite, tough!
What else did you expect when you chose to over-load a canopy?
  • Like 1

I bought a Cruiselite Beta (175 sq. ft.) in about 1985....it was a great canopy. Sink it swoop it crew it. I loved that thing. I believe Paraflite also made a Cruiselite XL of around 270 sq. ft.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey