TorukMakto

Booties for 4 way competition

Hi All

I currently have a bev suit with regular booties which I got when I was not sure what I will get into after AFF.

I am really into 4 way competition now and I am getting the tony suit pitt special. I am confused about the XL and the Mega XL booties. I am getting the ballistic booties.
I've heard a lot of people say that the mega XL booties will slow me down ( I am fairly lean, 6ft 160 lbs ) , so I should get the XL booties instead.
A lot of people have also told me to get the mega xl booties and learn to fly them from the get go , and apparently the mega XL offers a very significant advantage over the XL.

Please let me know what you guys think, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TorukMakto

I am really into 4 way competition now and I am getting the tony suit pitt special. I am confused about the XL and the Mega XL booties.

Absolutely get the Mega XL. The people who say they offer a significant advantage are right.

I think the difference in drag and thus fall speed is not important - how your booties affect your fall rate is very much a matter of technique; you will quickly adjust. (Also, the drag is just not that different in most positions IMO.)

I got them this season just past, and they are at the same time the most powerful and the most precise of any suit I have ever had. This is an easy decision!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?