keithbar

dec parachutist cover

so it looks like everyone one o this jumped with with the o2 cannula in place under their helmets. I did see someone on the ramp with a pink helmet. that seems to be exiting with the tubing still attached to the plane.:$. is there a pouch that some people stow the tubing in? not being a big way jumper much myself. does anyone else think these tubes trailing above the rig is asking for trouble? now i will give you that if it snagged. it would most likely get ripped off the jumpers ears out the bottom of the helmet and gone .it might sting. but then its a right there with the lines and dbag:o
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

so it looks like everyone one o this jumped with with the o2 cannula in place under their helmets. I did see someone on the ramp with a pink helmet. that seems to be exiting with the tubing still attached to the plane.:$. is there a pouch that some people stow the tubing in? not being a big way jumper much myself. does anyone else think these tubes trailing above the rig is asking for trouble? now i will give you that if it snagged. it would most likely get ripped off the jumpers ears out the bottom of the helmet and gone .it might sting. but then its a right there with the lines and dbag:o

Anything dangling from a jumper can be a risk. It's more a matter of what kind of trouble and how severe the possibilities.

That said, I don't see a big risk with a bit of plastic tubing dancing 6 or 8 inches above a jumper's head/neck. But then again....
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

The photo on page 34-35 shows a jumper with about 4 feet of airhose dangling behind them. I don't like loose objects on my flight surfaces, especially anywhere near my rig...streamers, air hoses, weight belt straps, even those skydiver necklaces with the deployment pins freak me out when I see them dangling from someone's neck near their reserve flap. On high altitude jumps, I always leave my oxygen hose in the aircraft.

I recall reading an incident report where a jumper's main became entangled with an untied shoelace, resulting in a fatality. I often tell the story to remind people that the smallest thing can lead to the biggest consequences, so we must always strive to adhere to all little safety concerns, because you never know...