watchdog2

Nationals - 4way camera man available..

Hi folks!!

I started jumping in 1999, took a break in 2004. Now, I'm back at it. Am thinking about coming up to Nationals myself, to see about possibly finding a pickup 4way team. Ya never know what might happen. If you know of any teams out there in the world who are looking for a cameraman by chance, please send my info along! Email: [email protected]

Examples of my work:

Warp Factor: https://vimeo.com/91468341
Team Mokzi: https://vimeo.com/104299162

Cheers!

Travis Watson

Do you feel comfortable doing video for more than jus 4-way? Some jumpers get together while at Nationals to put together 8-, 16- and 10-way speed teams. Sure, they are probably already there with at least one videographer, but you never know. As I'm sure you recall, the video flyer is just as important as the jumpers turning the points. If the judges can't see the point, it didn't happen!

When you get there, ask the nice people at the registration/check-in table where you can post a notice about your availability and what events you feel comfortable supporting. You may not get a 4-way team for the whole event, but I'm sure teams at the very least will appreciate knowing how to contact a sub if needed.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

Some jumpers get together while at Nationals to put together 8-, 16- and 10-way speed teams. .

After every event, half or more the video guys get laid off. That is, for 4 way there is usually a higher demand for video guys, but as soon as 8 way rolls around there will be a surplus of video guys.

It is true that there are many pick up 8/10/16 way teams, but most of those 8 ways are two 4 way teams slamming together, and leaving 1 video guy without a job.

One video guy last year said we should make an 8 way team of all laid off 4 way video guys. Not a bad idea!

Also, if you can fly at all... some teams need alternates and don't bring their own. If you don't get a video spot for 4 way, you might be able to do that. With something like 10 way, you would have a good chance of getting to fly (those guys get beat up!).

>Also, if you can fly at all... some teams need alternates and don't bring their own.
>If you don't get a video spot for 4 way, you might be able to do that. With
>something like 10 way, you would have a good chance of getting to fly

In addition, then you can sub for an RWer _or_ the cameraman . . .