3mpire

Mechanisms for analyzing and measuring 4way team performance

Does anyone out there have any mechanisms (spread sheets, computer programs, etc.) for measuring 4way team performance?

We've been working a lot this past winter and summer as a team, and we've amassed enough jumps and tunnel sessions to have a data set big enough that I'd like to see what we can learn from it.

If there is already a proven way to crunch these numbers, i'm interested in learning more if anyone out there is interested in sharing.

thanks!!

I'd plug Cpoxon's tool, but I don't have a Android device, so can't comment on how it does scoring.

The apple app, "Dive Planner" , is decent. I'm not sure it gives an export option, but it will record when each point or bust is scored and you can save that score sheet.
Remster

Remster

I'd plug Cpoxon's tool, but I don't have a Android device, so can't comment on how it does scoring.

The apple app, "Dive Planner" , is decent. I'm not sure it gives an export option, but it will record when each point or bust is scored and you can save that score sheet.

Craig's tool is excellent for planning and learning (it's called Skydiving Draw on Android) for not only 4-way but pretty much all of the competitive formation disciplines (FS, VFS, CRW) of all sizes. The formation drawings for 4-way and 8-way include the standard B&W USPA version as well as the more "coaching-oriented" color coded Airplay versions with cheats and recommended block moves - terrific for learning/refreshing/drilling yourself. The app also can create draws for different classes.

It has a timer function in there as well for scoring your dives. What it doesn't do is the tracking & analysis that the OP is looking for - the Rhythm spreadsheets are a good tool for that kind of tracking.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What it doesn't do is the tracking & analysis that the OP is looking for - the Rhythm spreadsheets are a good tool for that kind of tracking.

Thanks folks! My team mate has the Rhythm spreadsheet and spent a few hours putting that together--I was so impressed I thought I'd ask to see if any other teams or individuals had undergone a similar process that might be a bit different. It's really interesting to take all the data and start to analyze--but I'm a bit of a data nerd so maybe I get more excited about that kind of stuff

I think that Airspeed may have offered something similar (and Kurt offered it at the skyleague site...?) and maybe the Spaceland folks...? Maybe Fasttrax too. Shit, I don't remember.

There are some old spreadsheets linked around this site...maybe search 4 way training plan or something. Don't remember that either...

I'm pretty sure for the freely available ones SDC's has the most functionality...plus they're great peeps in my opinion

At the end of the day anything to make life a bit easier for the video review bitch that has to sit there with a stopwatch and hand jam "time to first point" etc...

NWFlyer

It has a timer function in there as well for scoring your dives. What it doesn't do is the tracking & analysis that the OP is looking for - the Rhythm spreadsheets are a good tool for that kind of tracking.

It's a future plan B|
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1974383#1974383

MakeItHappen's scoring tool - link - is really nice. I think it's still out there.

I combined the output of this tool with a spreadsheet of mine that did analysis, comparison to goals, monthly breakdowns, inter averages by block, random averages, etc. Scoring projections...

Rhythm's workbook was really nice the last time I looked at it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants