bcxi

Looking for a list of 4 way exit types

We don't have a lot on exits, but I did just recently put together a 4-way basics guide for the Northern California Skydiving League, as well as a list of resources.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/northern-california-skydiving-league/4-way-basics-or-what-the-heck-is-a-yuan-anyway/402916153146885

https://www.facebook.com/notes/northern-california-skydiving-league/4-way-resources/397791286992705

As for exits, you might take a look at Omniskore and look at some videos from Nationals. Of course, you'll have to figure out which point they're exiting, but that could be a fun challenge.:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

bcxi

Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to find a list of 4way exit names and the different position names for each jumper.

I've had an unsuccessful google and search through the forums.

Any help would be awesome!!

:)

For exits, the aircraft type matters. What works in a Caravan, can't be done in a 182 as an extreme example.

The only way that I can think of to learn about exits, is to have them demonstrated on a mockup. The position of a cameraman on the outside means that you will be a very small part of the stackup. Feet placement and where the inside players are is important. Also timing is everything on an exit.

Generally for learning 4 way there are some good solid exits and it pays to stick to those until you are comfortable. The smaller tighter formations with solid grips are much easier than long strung out exit formations.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

bcxi

Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to find a list of 4way exit names and the different position names for each jumper.

I've had an unsuccessful google and search through the forums.

Any help would be awesome!!

:)

mm... I donno.. Maybe the thread just below this on e call "4way exits for scratch teams" ;) would be a good resource too! ;)
Remster

UK national champions Satori have been doing a series of articles in the BPA Mag, each with one beginner exit and one intermediate/advanced (from memory). They break it down into slots, where to put your feet, what each person should be thinking about through the door and so on.

The online archive, especially of recent issues, could be a good start? I think the photos and (short) notes for the whole series are available from Jules as a booklet too.

[edit: Just realised the archive requires BPA membership. Phooey.]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?