ShcShc11

What to do if two parachutes malfunction come out?

Quite sorry for such a redundant thread.

Couldn't find a suitable thread that explained what to do in all the situations when both the main and reserve is out.

Is there a thread/place where I could find out clearly what to do in these situations? I remember the dz went very briefly over it, but would love to learn more about it.

Thanks & cheers. :)

See PIM 2A on the CSPA web site, section 6.17 on unusual situations with canopies.

The USPA SIM, also available online, will also have something. The countries' recommendations differ slightly but a second point of view is useful.

It may be better to go read & understand "the standard recommendations" first, before digging into the arguments seen on dz.com.

There is no "one size fits all" answer to that. Experience is your friend in a case like that, but even then what has worked well for one person may well kill the next. Best answer is to do everything you can to avoid that situation to begin with....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I remember the dz went very briefly over it, but would love to learn more about it.

Go to your home dz and ask an instructor about it. They covered it, and they understand things get forgotten and need reinforcement. They'll explain it again in depth, and also the ways to avoid two out.

If they don't, or won't walk away fast.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Sufficient answers to what you intended to ask are given.

As to my 2c: When I read the subject "if two parachutes malfunction come out" my first thought was: Fight till the very end, never give up. If all fails, follow the light.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Sufficient answers to what you intended to ask are given.

As to my 2c: When I read the subject "if two parachutes malfunction come out" my first thought was: Fight till the very end, never give up. If all fails, follow the light.

and aim for your riggers car.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Also Pier put out a video called Break-Away that is really a good source. They test and film over 20 parachute malfuntions and talk about and show on the film how best to deal with each one. I really enjoyed seeing first hand the difference in apearance of a Bag Lock, streamer and snivel for example. I picked up a VHS copy on ebay for $6.00. Check it out it is well worth the investment. They show Bi-plane, down plane and side by side and how they look, fly and land. Also the best time and technic to break away from two canopies out if you have to. Probably an old copy around your dropzone if you ask around.

I remember the dz went very briefly over it, but would love to learn more about it.

Go to your home dz and ask an instructor about it. They covered it, and they understand things get forgotten and need reinforcement. They'll explain it again in depth, and also the ways to avoid two out.

If they don't, or won't walk away fast.

I would but its winter-time here in Canada. No jumping until at least end April.

By that time, I have a feeling I will have long forgotten about it. So its not really that they won't, but more like they're not going be at the DZ for another few months.

+ there's a slight language barrier problem to it too.
Rather ask now at dz.com and get some idea as a just-in-case measure.

Thanks for all the links posted. Very helpful.

Cheers! :)

"

... + there's a slight language barrier problem ...

"

Try moving to Vancouver, where mandarin is the second most popular language, cantonese is the third most popular language, punjabi is the fourth most popular language, .... and french is the sixth most popular language!
Most Vancouver area DZs employ instructors who speak: english, german, afrikans, 'strine, etc.

The best info I think you're going to find is the PIA "Dual Square Report". Google it. If you can't find it that way, I believe Performance Designs has it on their website. Also, the March 2012 issue of Parachutist has an article on two out malfunctions (Is it really a malfunction or just a problem?).

EDIT: I don't want to get flamed soooo, after going back through these posts, I would also suggest talking to an instructor. As this is a forum and you are not likely at the DZ, the above mentioned reading materials should get you the answers you need.
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

-Benjamin Franklin