NWFlyer

4-way in Northern California - the return of the NCSL!

I also posted in this in Events & Places to Jump, but I'm hoping the mods will forgive me a double post since I think this is a better place.

After finishing up the 2001 season, the NCSL went dark ... but it's back!! We were just featured in the NSL news and are excited to be part of the NSL and bring 4-way competition back to Northern California.
http://ww1.skyleague.com/pages/news/showArticles.php?story=13215
http://ww1.skyleague.com/pages/news/showArticles.php?story=13233

I'm really excited about the group that's pulling this together - it's a great mix of newer jumpers and veterans, and we've had tremendous response to our first events.

We have some great 4-way events coming up this year in anticipation of starting competition in 2014. You can get all the details and sign up on the NCSL Facebook Page. "Like" the page to keep up with everything the NCSL is doing.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthernCaliforniaSkydivingLeague
https://www.facebook.com/NorthernCaliforniaSkydivingLeague/events

August 13, 8-11 p.m. Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
August 24, 8 a.m., Skills Camp at SkyDance
September 17, 8-11 p.m. Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
September 28, Skills Camp at Lodi Parachute Center
October 8, 8-11 p.m. Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
November 12, 8-11 p.m. Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
December 10, 8-11 p.m. Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay

If you have any questions, or if you would like to help out the NCSL with event planning, coaching, video, or anything else, please email [email protected].
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The first tunnel event at iFly SFBay was great! Thanks again to iFly for the support of the league. We saw some really fantastic improvement in our newer jumpers, and everyone's super-excited about continuing to learn the intricacies of 4-way.

Next up is a skills camp at SkyDance Skydiving on August 24th and we're expecting a big crowd for that one, as well!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Holy moly, what a turnout! We ended up with 13 teams yesterday at our SkyDance skills camp, doing 4 jumps each. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and most importantly, it was a safe event.

We had a nice mix of newer jumpers and the old dogs, with a great team of coaches, videographers, and ground support keeping everything running smoothly.

It was really awesome when Orlando was the only kicker in town; we won every month.

Then Seattle joined in the mix and we actually had to work.

Then NH showed up and we realized that 20+ averages in the beer brackets really didn't mean all that much.

Then the Czechs arrived and we said "ah, fuck it, they're from Yurrop" and the realized that they can smoke it in the breezy tube

Then SF crashed the party and things were reset again...

I like seeing the weekenders (of which I'm one) compete in 4-way. I like it even better when ZHills, already dealing with the Project Orange stuff, has to bring in another plane just to deal with the lift needs of the 4-way teams competing in the FSL playoffs this weekend.

Thank you for getting the NorCal stuff off the ground. We need more of it and it is awesome that it is happening.

The NCSL has just announced its full schedule for 2014 ... six meets, plus year-end playoffs, as well as monthly tunnel events at iFly SF Bay. I know of several Norcal teams either already formed or forming for next year - should be a fun, competitive year in Northern California! Hopefully some of our friends from up and down the coast can join in our comps next year, too!

https://www.facebook.com/NorthernCaliforniaSkydivingLeague/events

NCSL January 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL February 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL March 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL April 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #1 Bay Area Skydiving
Saturday, April 26, 2014

NCSL May 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #2 Skydance Skydiving
Saturday, May 24, 2014

NCSL June 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #3 Parachute Center
Saturday, June 28, 2014

NCSL July 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #4 Skydive Sacramento
Saturday, July 26, 2014

NCSL August 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #5 Bay Area Skydiving
Saturday, August 23, 2014

NCSL September 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 4-way Meet #6 Skydance Skydiving
Saturday, September 27, 2014

NCSL October 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL 2014 Playoffs Parachute Center
Saturday, October 18, 2014

NCSL November 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 8:00pm

NCSL December 2014 Tunnel Kicker at iFly SF Bay
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 8:00pm

We just opened registration for our first meet of 2014. We'd love to have some teams from out of town join us - for more information check out the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/468040299971456/