ratman91

Rock Without Wings

I am a new jumper with a little over 30 jumps. I had the chance to go on a 4 way with some experienced jumpers over the weekend. We exited in a 4 way linked exit and after some flying were able to get our round. Everything was fine then we let go to move to the next position and as soon as everyone let go I just dropped. I made myself as big as I could but they said they still had trouble catching me.
I am 5' 3" with an exit weight of 195 my suit is a regular fit with baggy arms and legs.
They just said that I fall fast. it was mentioned that i need better head control when looking up to find the group and that I should turn my head instead but even when I was looking out and de-arched I was still fast.
I plan to get more coaching this weekend but any advice on specifics to work on would be nice.
Thanks

When you fall below a group, you are suppose to turn your body 90 degrees, then turn your head to the side to see everyone as you make yourself "big".

Practice cupping the air like you are reaching around a beach ball with your arms and legs.

The only way to help is a suit with lots of fabric/drag.

You are also very heavy for your short size so that does not help.

So three things you can do:
1. Cup the air!
2. Baggy Suit!
3. Go on a diet!

Hope this helps.